Author Topic: Congress and governance.  (Read 4331 times)

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
on: October 01, 2013, 11:29:56 am
I hope you guys have all still got your jobs! It seems pretty crazy , the news from the states not really what you elect politicians for is it, crashing the budget and throwing must be close to a million employees on the trash heap. Hope you come through this crisis ok.
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 02:15:16 pm
It's happened many times before.  ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 02:20:33 pm
We just wait it out.  They get around to funding stuff when the people at home get pissed.
Not everyone is furloughed though, there's a backup fund to pay essential personnel for at least a month.  Somebody's got to watch the boilers, fire sprinklers, gates, and Commies.
Ha ha, and you probably thought "Essential Personnel" were big-wigs.  More firefighters, building engineers, gate gaurds, and Air Traffic Controllers fall into that category than big wigs.  They don't stop bad stuff from happening.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 02:25:31 pm by D the D »
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH

redcat

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 03:46:52 pm
I don't know why congress will get payed or retain their taxpayer funded health plan. Take those away and the budget would be funded in 30 seconds
Watch out for the guy behind the guy in front of you

redcat

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 03:47:39 pm
I don't know why congress will get payed or retain their taxpayer funded health plan. Take those away and the budget would be funded in 30 seconds

redcat

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 03:49:37 pm
You can say that again

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 05:19:37 pm
LOL
That's as bad as Aussies forgetting to turn pictures the right side up for Amercuns.
1975 XLCH

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 11:29:01 pm
They ALL piss me off!  They've got the best wage, retirement and health care packages our money can buy.  And I guess furloughing them as well might sting a couple of them, a bit, but most of them wouldn't even notice if their government salary disappeared.

>:(

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 04:53:28 am
I think it's only fair that if the federal government isn't working then we should be free from paying federal income until they can pull their shit together.  Am I right?

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 05:36:26 am
I think it's only fair that if the federal government isn't working then we should be free from paying federal income until they can pull their shit together.  Am I right?

Scottie
Yes you are!  If the majority of the Gov is shut down, they shouldn't need the funds.  Right?
1975 XLCH

ridgerunner

• Grease Monkey
Reply #10 on: October 02, 2013, 08:51:25 am
As far as I am concerned, election day cometh with an axe. Any incumbant should be removed just to make a point. Basically we need to say, you don't do your job...YOU'RE FIRED! >:(
08 Bullet ES (AVL)
The Enfield saves on gas, riding the Enfield saves on Prozac. ;)

DanB

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: October 02, 2013, 12:05:56 pm
As far as I am concerned, election day cometh with an axe. Any incumbant should be removed just to make a point. Basically we need to say, you don't do your job...YOU'RE FIRED!

+1
Suppose I were an idiot, and suppose I were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. ... Mark Twain
2006 AVL Electra

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: October 02, 2013, 12:40:38 pm
Hell, at this point, maybe our military should come home from war, walk right into the white house and KICK ALL THEIR ASSES OUT!  Then start over from scratch.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 04:20:15 am
Not to start a fight but... I hate the unconstitutional stuff "ZERO" has repeatedly done, & I'm glad the Congress has said ENOUGH, & has the cajones to refuse to fund his job killing lunacy. The Senate & Zero himself refuse to get on their own  stinking healthcare plan!
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 05:31:11 am
See now this is where kickin out the redcoats comes back to bite you. In Australia  the last time this happened was in 1974 I think the labour govt. held a majority in the upper house and formed a government while the liberal and national parties dominated the senate. Inevitably they choose to block supply( can't remember why) and we had our first constitutional crisis. But, the monarch stepped in in the form of the Governor General and dismissed the elected majority govt and called a re- election. Very contentious , but we're still not a republic. And it may well happen again with the new lot !
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.