Author Topic: 2014 - G5 - Only available in Deluxe ??  (Read 1646 times)

Joel-in-dallas

• Grease Monkey
on: September 30, 2013, 11:34:12 pm
Has the 2014 line up simplified and the G5 is only available now in the US in the Deluxe configuration? I am curious. Its not in the list of models, you can still find the G5 classic EFI from a link on the G5 deluxe page.

I suppose the simplification makes sense. I certainly hope the G5 stays around for a while.

Hopefully there will be more models soon. I think the Continental GT is getting pretty great press overall.

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 02:08:38 am
That makes sense to me. Of course the g5 delux is the best looking of the range. Not that I'm biased or anything.. But really why would they cut the standard model? It's just a bit less chrome and a bit more paint. I contemplated painting my guards when I first bought my delux. All that chrome does have a blinding effect . I swear, I couldn't see any other bike in the shop but apparently there were more there. :)
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 03:21:20 am
I wonder if they're just stocking fewer choices.  Lots of overlap between a G5 in black and a B5.  Though I think there should always be at least one model in British racing green ;)

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 03:32:50 am
Yeah I agree, that color really suits the bullet. My dad used to have a mini in British racing green with gold pin stripes, looked sweet. For forty years he refused to buy any motor vehicle that wasn't made in England. Used to squeeze five kids into a Morris 1100 for family holidays heh heh.
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.