Author Topic: Wlcome kit.  (Read 3771 times)

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
on: September 30, 2013, 05:21:31 pm
Just got an E Mail notification of a new owner 'welcome' kit from CMW. Anyone else had this yet? Just thought i would ask before giving them a call.
Robert & the Green B.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 07:09:52 pm
As I recall, I did get some sort of a kit from them. I know I got a "Certificate of Authenticity" giving the production number of my bike and it seems like I got a hat or some such from them. That was a couple of years ago, so I don't really remember all that was contained in it.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 07:29:28 pm
Thanks Bare, i will wait and see.

Joel-in-dallas

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 07:45:51 pm
Isn't the VIN plate on the bike more than enough of a Certificate of Authenticity?
I am interested to see if the bikes from the new plant have a different VIN number sequence.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 10:28:26 am
Aside from the tool kit, spare cables, paint can and inner tube, I got a "coupon" for a discount of 10% off spares and accessories bought through the dealer.  It expired before I could use it...  :(

bluesdaddy2

• Grease Monkey
  • aka Ross
Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 11:17:20 am
I got nothing from CMW and actually had to go back to the dealer to ask for the few extras that others on this forum had mentioned. Of the so called included items I was begrudgingly given 1 small can of touch up paint,1 clutch cable, 1 brake cable and 1 inner tube.
2012 Royal Enfield C5 Chrome/Black
1938 Harley-Davidson Model U (patiently waiting some TLC)
1975 HD Sportster (Gone but not forgotten)

Vergennes, VT
Ilion, NY

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 04:19:54 pm
I got my spares kit on delivery, including a large wrench that won't fit in the tool kit. Package from CMW arrived yesterday. No freebie's but a Nfield catalog and a survey :(. On a brighter note i rode to work today (chilly and foggy/dark at about 48 deg f) and since i wasn't very busy i started to tinker. I wrapped the fuel line in convolute tubing based on previous issues reported on the forum. Also noticed that the main throttle cable which has an armour coil on it rubs on the throttle body cover, so that got the tubing treatment. Did a few other putzy things like, pad the battery holder to cut down on vibration etc. Not a single loose fastener yet!
 Bike is begining to smooth out, go to NGK plug took care of the cold running issues as advertised and i am now starting to push the speed up a bit. One thing to note regarding shifting, i have noticed that unlike my old Iron Barrel the shifter likes to return to it's unloaded position like any modern bike. I haven't had a single mishift or false nuetral as yet. All smiles till' the weather shut's me down! ;D ;D ;D.

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 04:23:38 pm
I included some pictures. They show the fuel line, the cables to the throttle body, and alas, the relatively poor engine casting quality. :( :( :(. Hopefully i can clean that up with some good old elbow grease.
 Cheers for now. Roverman.

sparklow

• Bulleteer
  • Never half ass two things, whole ass one thing ...
Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 05:48:03 pm
I had to squeeze my "spares kit" out of my dealer. They didn't want to part with it, if I didn't ask for it I would not have gotten it. I got the distinct feeling that my dealer at least doesn't hand them out if not asked for by the purchaser. If not for this forum I would not have known to ask!
2022 Meteor Fireball Red
2011 B5 Bullet

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 11:39:15 pm
Roverman-

Ow!  My eyes!   8)  ah, that's better.  Wow, that thing is shiny!

re. poor engine casting: I see what looks like some sort of liquid residue dripped down the side?  And maybe a roughness in the bolt inset just above the "RE" wing insignia?  Mine doesn't have either of those - are you sure those "drips" won't just polish out?

And, I see that the green really is metallic!

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #10 on: October 02, 2013, 12:03:51 am
Roverman:
I see RE has made another improvement on your motorcycle.

On the older UCE engines, the oil sight guage is just pressed in place.
Although I haven't heard of one of these coming loose, I see they have added a metal retainer ring to keep the guage in place.
  Good stuff by the RE engineering department. :)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: October 02, 2013, 01:13:56 pm
Thanks Mattsz, yeah i will go to town with the polish. They are stains that you see, and there is a lot of roughness around the case bolt holes. I love the green, great shine in the sun. 8) 8) 8).
 Yes Arizoni there are a whole slew of minor improvements. I will post a picture of the inside of the headlamp housing as soon as the 7" lamp comes in. You will be amazed at how tidy(!) it is. Up to 200mi as of yesterday. First fill up yielded about 66mpg which included a lot of idling etc. :) :) :).
Robert & the Green B.

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #12 on: October 02, 2013, 02:04:58 pm
I must admit, that forest green is a lovely colour. Must be an absolute beauty in person, that B5. Love it.
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: October 02, 2013, 02:37:02 pm
+1  :) :) :)