Author Topic: MY Bullet Electra PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU LIKE IT!!!!  (Read 3448 times)

armando_chavez

• Grease Monkey
on: September 25, 2013, 11:40:52 pm
Hi my name is Armando, live on the jersey shore, haahaa.  I bought my bullet from a harley dealer in PA, about six months ago.  I saw it online and without prior knowledge of the company i bought it!  I quickly learned that there was a big forum community of RE lovers.  So, after all this time i think im almost done

armando_chavez

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 11:42:15 pm
the linkage

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 11:44:11 pm
Cool bike.    :)

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

DanB

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 11:48:57 pm
Nice!  Like the rearsets. You do those or from the previous owner? They look like they sit far back.
Suppose I were an idiot, and suppose I were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. ... Mark Twain
2006 AVL Electra

armando_chavez

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 11:55:09 pm
No i bought the bike stock with 39XX miles on it.  It now has almost 5000.  I have done everything to the bike except taking the hot tube out.  I pretty much learned everything off the forums.  and im 6'1'' so i like how they are i got the sets off ebay and mounted them on the passenger peg mounts. made the linkage myself.  I havent tried taking the right side original peg off because i dont know how to take the exhaust off.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 02:27:23 am
 < waving my hand doing the Jedi mind trick >  this bike is junk....send it to ice for proper recycling.

;D   ;)
No matter where you go, there, you are.

RP McMurphy

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 02:32:48 am
Armando,

You don't have to take the exhaust off to get the original peg off. Get a wrench (I used an adjustable), and go at it from an angle. You should be facing the rear of the bike. You should be able to twist the nut off from there.

If you want to remove the mounting rod, that's a little trickier. I just hammered it through with an old screwdriver held at an angle. I used vice grips, WD-40, and elbow grease to wiggle it out from the other side. Not sure if it holds something in place-- seemed fine when I took it out though. I had to replace mine when my bike took a tumble in the snow, so I don't know about leaving the mounting rod on vs taking it off. Good luck, and nice bike!

armando_chavez

• Grease Monkey
Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 02:51:28 am
When I tried to it seemed as if the nut had just a couple more twists to come out but the exhaust pipe touches it and wont let it come out without touching and potentially scratching the pipe

DanB

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 04:21:29 am
The exhaust comes off quick.  Supporting bolts on the muffler (attached to the rear peg); another bolt at the end of the header pipe, and 2 on the head.  When putting it back on, watch for good seal at the head (suggest new gasket) and do not, do not (repeat needed!), over-tighten the head bolts!

Can I ask, what did you use for the shifter coupler on the primary side and how are you planning to connect rear brake?  Thoughts on how to get around the exhaust? Thanks!
Suppose I were an idiot, and suppose I were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. ... Mark Twain
2006 AVL Electra

Adrian

Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 12:39:12 pm
Hi Armando,

it's an Electra-X, how can we NOT like it??? It's nice to see a home-brewed café racer, though I'm more into the street scrambler look myself.

Is that the original carb rubber your TM32 Mikuni is sitting in? If so it might be worth getting a new one for your Mikuni, the stock item is, I think, only bored out enough for the original 29mm Mikarb CV carb (I'll need to check) and could be putting a slight restriction on the mixture flow. Not a problem around town, but it might cost you some top-end performance.

Regards,

Adrian

armando_chavez

• Grease Monkey
Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 01:25:07 pm
DanB,
I used heim joints to connect the rods to the rear sets.  As you can see in Right Peg Picture i bent the the rod over to the left and then slightly down and connected it to a hole i drilled through the brake pedal. I plan on buying a new brake pedal and just chopping this on up to make it look better.

Yo Adrian (rocky voice)
I never thought about that i guess ill look into finding one.  thanks for the advice.

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013, 04:12:03 pm
Hi Armando, Michigan here. That looks like one sweet and sorted bike, good job!
Robert & the Green B. 8) 8) 8)