Author Topic: I remember Bug Catcher, or Don't let this pin ruin your day  (Read 1603 times)

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
As our bullets are now aging, I would like to remind everyone about the pin that holds the decompressor valve from falling into the cylinder. Remember Bug Catchers post on it? I recently changed mine as it was about one third gone. It's easily done by holding down the spring with one hand and following out the old one with a new one. Not having the right pin, I had a cotter pin of the right size and will keep an eye on it until I find or make the right pin. But you can still use that method to check its condition and put it right back in. Just a heads up, on what i think could be a major disaster if left unloved. Cheers..
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 01:19:58 am by cyrusb »
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

mrunderhill1975a

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 01:34:07 am
Please refresh my memory, which post was this?  Were there any photos?

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 06:20:23 pm
This was some years ago. But her decomp valve fell into her cyl while trying to start. A load of good luck there. She pulled the decomp and fished the valve out with a magnet, (i think) and all was well. Hate to think if it happened while running.
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.