Author Topic: UCE Throttle Body, ECU and Programmer  (Read 11626 times)

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: September 22, 2013, 12:50:05 am
Hooking up an aftermarket TB to my bike will not be a problem.  Alex (my coworker, friend, engine guy, Subaru Turbo Guru) and I are both talented custom fabricators.  He's very good with aluminum TIG and I can cut, bend, hammer and weld steel all day long.  I guess what really grabs my attention with the ecotron set up is that it is EVERYTHING you need except plumbing for $700!  I'll probably get the motor running without the turbo first with the auto tune feature to get a good baseline.  Then install the turbo and map the ECU by crunching numbers according to the original baseline.  Holy shit I'm excited!

Scottie

There you go .  Go, have fun and put some shove in that motor !  8)   ;)

An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: September 22, 2013, 01:47:17 am
The plans right now are to run 8:1 - 9.5:1 pistons, start at 5psi of boost and hopefully settle in around 8-10psi of boost.  GHG or Ace Do you know if I can offset the camshaft/s when assembling the motor to change timing/duration in order to run/redline say 8000 RPMs?  I plan on balancing the crankshaft to 10,000 RPMs.  I'm also considering using the 1 piece alloy cylinders for the interceptors, I emailed Hitchcocks and they said it bolts up to the 700 case but no one has done it as if yet. 

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #17 on: September 22, 2013, 02:11:49 am
The plans right now are to run 8:1 - 9.5:1 pistons, start at 5psi of boost and hopefully settle in around 8-10psi of boost.  GHG or Ace Do you know if I can offset the camshaft/s when assembling the motor to change timing/duration in order to run/redline say 8000 RPMs?  I plan on balancing the crankshaft to 10,000 RPMs.  I'm also considering using the 1 piece alloy cylinders for the interceptors, I emailed Hitchcocks and they said it bolts up to the 700 case but no one has done it as if yet. 

Scottie
You can rephase the cams, but there's only just so much that you can do with just that.
Generally, boosted engines need more lift and larger than normal exhaust valve, along with the rephased cam timing.
It can all be done.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: September 22, 2013, 02:14:20 am
I already planned on doing a full port and valve job.   ;)   Now check THIS out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290778026778&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

;D ;D ;D

Scottie

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: September 22, 2013, 03:55:30 am
 Ummmmmmm ?....... Now you got me thinking.

http://www.ecotrons.com/Small_Engine_RHB31_VZ21_turbocharger.html

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: September 22, 2013, 04:50:34 am
I see some rods poking out holes in cases.......
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #21 on: September 22, 2013, 07:00:55 am
 We'll have to search the threads here but I seem to remember someone mentioning the bottom end of the UCE being engineered and built for 60-65 horsepower.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #22 on: September 22, 2013, 11:34:02 am
Ummmmmmm ?....... Now you got me thinking.

http://www.ecotrons.com/Small_Engine_RHB31_VZ21_turbocharger.html

"Free shipping for the turbo if you buy an EFI kit together!"   8)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #23 on: September 22, 2013, 12:29:21 pm
The exhaust pulses from a low-revving single are timed fairly wide apart, which is not ideal for spooling up a turbo. I think a supercharger would be a better application.

The small turbo should work okay with the twin, though.

Bottom end strength of the twin may come into question when stressed to that level.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: September 22, 2013, 02:57:41 pm
Now when you guys say "weak bottom" end I think of crappy rods that like to stretch and break.  Am I missing something here?  Have crankshafts exploded out of these cases?  Like I said I plan on having the crankshaft balanced to 10,000 RPMs and I'm hoping to put some Carrillo rods in there.  Is this not good enough?

Scottie

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: September 22, 2013, 04:42:41 pm
"Free shipping for the turbo if you buy an EFI kit together!"   8)

Yeah, he..he..he.. I might be able to knock off two birds with one stone. Supercharging on the cheap with NOS !!.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyR0U_fYtwY

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: September 22, 2013, 05:45:41 pm
I thought about NOS, but it has it's down falls too.  Such as you only get the extra HP when you use it, you have to make a special trip to the hot rod shop when you need to refill.  I want to turbo.  Mainly because it's never been done before and I want to be the 1st to do it.  People say it can't be done, I call BS.  Sure, I'm probably going to spend $5000 on just the motor, but it's going to be so worth it!  I'll have the ONLY turbo Enfield twin in the world.  How effing cool is that?!  I'm going to make this happen, even if it means hours upon hundreds of hours of research,  custom fabrication and machining, I want to make this happen.

Scottie

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: September 22, 2013, 06:44:30 pm
 +1..  Extremely Effing cool !.. Turbo's more practical for the street. Plus, you don't have a trunk to store all those bottles. :-\  I've seen them rigged up and hanging on a bike. But it looks like crap.  The sport bike guys, hide 'em under the rear cowl ?  But..... I doubt that would work for you.

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #28 on: September 22, 2013, 06:49:19 pm
Here you go : http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/thumpers-two-stroke-exotics/17262-presenting-worlds-first-supercharged-enfield-rr700-prostreet.html

The owner of this bike posted it here on this forum a while back. I dont know how it turned out in the long run but you might want to consider reaching out to him......

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #29 on: September 22, 2013, 07:08:30 pm
  Pretty cool...........