Author Topic: Lower brake pedal now.  (Read 1439 times)

potboiler

• Scooter
on: September 12, 2013, 10:30:14 am
I did'nt like the way the foot brake contacts the exhaust pipe and also that it was higher than the footrest and obstructed my foot. I've now fitted a simple stop behind the brake- spindle-arm on the left side of the bike. It's just a short piece of copper water pipe bolted onto the redundant boss on the frame (see photos). My foot can now sit comfortably on the footrest.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 01:27:10 pm
I did'nt like the way the foot brake contacts the exhaust pipe and also that it was higher than the footrest and obstructed my foot. I've now fitted a simple stop behind the brake- spindle-arm on the left side of the bike. It's just a short piece of copper water pipe bolted onto the redundant boss on the frame (see photos). My foot can now sit comfortably on the footrest.

I can't understand exactly what this mod does.

My pedal also was too high & in my way & didn't feel right when I first got my '08 Classic. I used the bike's own up/down pedal adjuster mechanism to move the pedal down to that perfect position.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 02:10:00 pm
        I can't understand exactly what this mod does.

My pedal also was too high & in my way & didn't feel right when I first got my '08 Classic. I used the bike's own up/down pedal adjuster mechanism to move the pedal down to that perfect position.

+1.  The bikes come with adjusters.  Someone's invented a fix where there was no problem.
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 05:39:19 pm
There is a bolt below the brake light switch that can be adjusted to raise and lower the brake pedal. Works great.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com