Author Topic: Poor man's suspension upgrade  (Read 23188 times)

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #45 on: September 30, 2013, 12:10:40 am
WWW.TECBIKEPARTS.COM they have distributors in the UK and USA, probably elsewhere too.
Ive got 45 min to go to the end of my auction on ebay. so far up to $40. These ones were a demo model so a bit cheaper, but i want spring look and its all he had left. getting pretty excited and too old to ride around for too much longer on the OEMS

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #46 on: September 30, 2013, 09:48:50 am
I'm loving these shocks. Can't comment for other users of course. But they were worth the $80 for me.

@squire

Did you try contacting Techbikeparts.com directly? Regarding the Ebay ones from India - If you are willing to take a risk, then go for it  :-\ I asked the seller whether they are local made and whether they are oil-based etc..the guy only said, "they are local made in India". Plus they are almost 13'' which will increase your ride height a fair bit. Then again, it is up to you.
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #47 on: September 30, 2013, 11:39:21 am
I won my eBay bid. Paid 58 bucks including postage!
They should be here any day.

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #48 on: September 30, 2013, 12:17:17 pm

Good deal. Hopefully they'll be an improvement over the stock ones.  :)
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #49 on: September 30, 2013, 02:31:31 pm

SCORE!!!
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #50 on: September 30, 2013, 03:24:19 pm
Hey Steve howsitgoin - yeah the shocks are a great improvement on the stock items. I've been riding the last few days two up with my daughter coz its school holidays and the ride is noticeably smoother and at the same time more solid. Well worth the money. My package from hitchcocks arrived this morning so me and the girl spent the day wiring indicators and bolting up the exhaust pipe. Gonna try it out in the morning iwas tempted to fire it up tonight but by the time we were done it was getting late and I am a little concerned about the volume and the neighbours.all the new gear looks great though . May have to post a pic tomorrow -my daughter makes a great assistant. I had a constant supply of chocolate teddy bears and milk! :)
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #51 on: September 30, 2013, 03:28:33 pm
Congrats on your score! Good price too .
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #52 on: September 30, 2013, 08:42:00 pm
-my daughter makes a great assistant. I had a constant supply of chocolate teddy bears and milk! :)

Man, that's great! I wish I could take my girl back about 20 years. Not that I don't love her now, but she was so sweet and didn't like boys yet.
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH

squire

• Bulleteer
Reply #53 on: September 30, 2013, 09:16:31 pm
Wow!! Good for you. I'm still waiting to here back from the UK whether they will send me a pair of Tecs or not. Seems they're made by Emgo to Tecs specs from what I've read on some Triumph forums.

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #54 on: September 30, 2013, 10:09:19 pm
Wow!! Good for you. I'm still waiting to here back from the UK whether they will send me a pair of Tecs or not. Seems they're made by Emgo to Tecs specs from what I've read on some Triumph forums.

Maybe one of the guys can give you all the numbers off theirs so you can try to cross to an EMGO unit?
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #55 on: October 01, 2013, 02:17:00 am
I've looked but there ain't a part number in sight! Just lovely black and chrome tubes. And I already chucked the box n stuff. If of you guys can't get these sent I will be happy to buy a few sets and mail them on. Of course you will have to promise me your first born child...

squire

• Bulleteer
Reply #56 on: October 01, 2013, 03:40:28 am
At my age (73) my first born is long gone, but still costing me money. I sent email off to the Tec UK and US suppliers today along with some eBay suppliers but for some reason not too many people seem interested, maybe too much trouble to ship. That seemed to be the case with the Aussie supplier I exchanged email with but never to hear from him again. I'd be happy to reimburse you all costs if you could find it in you to ship some off to me.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #57 on: October 01, 2013, 04:23:24 am
squire
if you want i will do the right thing and buy them for you and post them across. just pay me by paypal
never know maybe one day - you might do the same for me

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #58 on: October 01, 2013, 04:52:28 am
No worries squire - pm me some details. Mine cost 90 $ by express post.

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #59 on: October 01, 2013, 12:33:00 pm
Hey Aussie Dave. Sounds like great time well spent with your daughter! Very cool . Did you get The shocks fom tecbikeparts?
Mine are the girling style ones - still yet to arrive but they are the spring look - which I like.
With new brake pads coming, the exhaust on all nice and quiet, all to do now is throw these shocks on and sort this fork oil out. It never ends though does it! It's so fun. When only about half way through the week and I've clocked up over 700kms this week so far. It'll be 1000 by weeks end easily. Oil change tomorrow I reckon. Thank god for this forum and hitchcocks.:)