Author Topic: Can we include model years in the descriptions for the different forums?  (Read 6976 times)

walken4life

• Bulleteer
  • 2002 Bullet Deluxe
Quite often we have newly registered forum users post UCE questions in the Bullet Classic Models forum.  To new users, who are not overly familiar with the different models, it seems the descriptions on the main forum page are not specific enough.  So they do not know where to post.

I think an easy way to resolve this would be to include the production years in the description.  Perhaps with a few more specifics to that model as well.  I know there is some overlap in production years, especially between the Iron Barrel and AVL.

Seems like a small change, but it could do a lot to get people to the proper forum. 

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Bullet Classic Models
Forum for the discussion of the Bullet Classic Models with the Cast Iron Barrel engine.  would work I think

:)
No matter where you go, there, you are.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
I second this motion.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
There will still be a lot of new people who don't have the faintest idea of what their cylinder is made from and almost as many who think a barrel is something to store rain water in.

How about "Bullet Classic Models, 2008 and older" ?
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
There will still be a lot of new people who don't have the faintest idea of what their cylinder is made from and almost as many who think a barrel is something to store rain water in.

How about "Bullet Classic Models, 2008 and older" ?

Cylinder and Barrel? Are we talking about Enfield made Webleys?  Mine didn't come with one.  :o

'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
 The other guys all have Martini Henry rifles s so that must be you in the foreground. ;)

walken4life

• Bulleteer
  • 2002 Bullet Deluxe
Glad to see support for this from so many esteemed forum members!  I had worried this thread would languish and fade away.  If any of you have some pull with the admins, maybe run this up the flag pole and see who salutes.

I had also thought maybe put a picture of each type of engine to the left of the forum heading as a visual aid.

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
It's a good idea.
1975 XLCH

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
I agree.  Having manufacturing years next to the makes on the different categories would definitely save a lot of confusion.

Ohhhhh Kevin!

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Even easier.

On the main page,,,the little file folder image next to the section header bar,,,,,,replace that with a picture of the respective engines.

Just a thought,

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
A file folder huh?
I thought it was a big Swiss cheese with a little bump on it.   :o
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Even easier.

On the main page,,,the little file folder image next to the section header bar,,,,,,replace that with a picture of the respective engines.

Just a thought,
That will help with the overlap years.
1975 XLCH

walken4life

• Bulleteer
  • 2002 Bullet Deluxe
Again today I am looking in the 'Bullet Classic Models' forum and several of the newest threads are about UCE bikes.  Each of them posted by new forum members who recently purchased their bikes.

Can we please make this quick and easy change to the forum names and descriptions to help alleviate this?

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
As long as they keep calling every new model "Classic", this will be an issue.
 New bikes are not "classic". New bikes are "new bikes".

The consumers think they have a "classic" because that's what the factory/importer/dealer said it's called.

The year/model designations would help out a lot, but the marketing is very confusing. It may be intentional to reinforce the retro impression in new buyers.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Agree 100%, All above ideas are good solutions, also how about "Pre Unit Singles" ?
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.