Author Topic: Cherry Bomb exhaust  (Read 5722 times)

erob123

• Bulleteer
Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 01:07:07 pm
I gotta get one of those.  Cool.  I want it to look sharp on a new Military I get in 2 weeks.  High heat paint or Pro?  Thought of going to a flame spray coating and doing all the way down from head.  Also thinking of removing chrome on other parts to olive drab, done much?  Is it tough?

bobblehead76

• rider in north carolina
  • Scooter
  • 08 Military
Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 11:25:25 pm
The black paint is hi heat header paint (2100 deg F) rattle can from advanced auto parts.  I also plain on painting the header pipe.
    right now it's in the shop My electric starter stopped working. when they took it apart the sprag clutch was missing three teeth. the other gear had no teeth and the side cover split where the pin goes threw the clutch in to the side panel.

But i did install a ogggaaaaaaa horn on it before this all happend.
Bobblehead76

erob123

• Bulleteer
Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 01:20:51 pm
Where do you find a horn small enough?  Most the ones I've seen are car horns and pretty large.   Any extra prep for the paint?  Sandbalst?  Seems like it would peel if not prepped right.  Thanks for the info.

bobblehead76

• rider in north carolina
  • Scooter
  • 08 Military
Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 10:24:21 pm
I just sanded it with a disk sander cleaned it with thinner and painted it.

and the horn is a car horn . It's alittle big ,but i don't mind. one problem is that it got to be running have the power to make it sound right.
Bobblehead76