Author Topic: New member in England saying hello.  (Read 1624 times)

potboiler

• Scooter
on: September 02, 2013, 12:49:23 pm
Hi everyone
This is the best Enfield forum I've seen on the internet so I thought I should join and share the grief/joy with everyone! I gave up motorcycling a year ago after owning 13 bikes over 38 years but after our glorious summer this year I've missed it so much that I'm going to have one final fling on two wheels. I've just bought a 2008 Bullet 500 'Machismo' with the AVL engine. It's a real shiner as the previous owner spent many hours and a litre tub of Autosol polish on it. Here are some photos of it. I will be asking you all questions about how to do things to it shortly but for now I'm just going to enjoy these last few weeks of our summer by riding it around the villages in Devon where I live.

DanB

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 01:24:12 pm
Welcome to the forum potboiler. Nice looking bike!  It was made for the B roads in your area. Enjoy and congrats.
Suppose I were an idiot, and suppose I were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. ... Mark Twain
2006 AVL Electra

fxrskrsa

• Scooter
  • Yes, shrubberies are my trade. I am a shrubber.
Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 09:22:00 pm
Hi PB

Yes it is a great site, a throng a friendly folk with some good advice to boot... I can almost hear the thump of your engine from Cambridgeshire !!
Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history.

Adrian

Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 09:47:54 pm
Welcome!

that's quite a rare machine outside India, though the good (?) news is that it is mechanically identical to the Electra-X for spare parts, only the tinware is different, though that is mostly from the classic Indian Bullets.  All the vices and (mostly) virtues of the Electra-X apply, get some miles in and enjoy.  There are a few of us Brits who have been kindly allowed a place on our friends' forum, some even with a passion for the AVL versions of the Bullet.

Regards,

Adrian

Buckeroo

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 11:46:57 pm
Nice.  Love the chrome tank.
This bike was stored for 3.5 years.  It had fallen on its side for awhile. I claimed it about a year and a half ago. Thus the low miles and inexperienced owner.
2008 Bullet Electra Classic 500
Classic Frame and AVL motor
Electric Start
Electronic Ignition
5 speed
CV Carb