Author Topic: Cafe Racer  (Read 1432 times)

Gypsyjon

• Grease Monkey
  • 201o G5 Deluxe Black & Chrome

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 03:35:37 pm
Enough hype already.  I won't be impressed until someone makes a post actually saying "I saw the new RE Cafe at the dealer today!"  I've been on this forum for almost a year and all I've heard is "it's coming!"  "when?"  "I don't know, but it's coming!"

I guess it must be an India thing.  I used to test drive prototype vehicles for a company.  We had a BUNCH of Mahindra (India made) trucks that we were evaluating and doing EPA testing for.  There were a big handful of dealers across the US that were promised delivery of vehicles by X-date.  The trucks never passed EPA emissions testing, they were constantly breaking, and I personally damn near rolled one on a test drive trying to avoid a shredded tire in the road with a full load of ballast in the back of the truck.  The whole deal was cancelled and void because Mahindra couldn't deliver on their end.  WORST vehicle I ever drove.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 09:24:30 pm
At least it's some news.  Cool idea to debut it at the Ace Cafe.  Not sure where that leaves the US release date.

Scott