Author Topic: New to RE  (Read 5165 times)

2smoker

• Scooter
on: August 27, 2013, 02:05:12 am
Hi, I'm new to RE's but now a big fan. I have had many bikes over the years. But these bikes are quite different,totally different feel.I find myself always taking the looong way home,and smiling the whole way.hope to have this bike for a very long time,by the way it's a 13 bullet b5,black w/silver
13 B5 Bullet 500
07 DL 650
89 GL1500
70 T350

MrktStrtMyhm

• Scooter
  • Bob n' Weave
Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 02:41:42 am
Welcome to the world of RE! I was took my first big ride (60 miles roundtrip) on Saturday (8/24) and there were times I was screaming with joy! This bike is super fun to ride in all types of conditions. People stop and stare/point. I was riding by a family the other day and this little kid was had a wide smile pointing at my bike (also a '13 B5, forest green/gold) saying "daddy! moto-cycle!"

More smiles per mile is definitely the unofficial motto for RE's.
2013 B5 Bullet 500

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 03:08:00 am

~I find myself always taking the looong way home,and smiling the whole way.~
Perma-grin..... ;)

Welcome aboard 2smoker and congrats on your Bullet.  :)
No matter where you go, there, you are.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 03:27:17 am
Welcome!  That black & silver B5 is sharp!  I saw one in the flesh for the first time this weekend.

Scott

Joel-in-dallas

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 05:20:37 am
I have seen the Silver and Black Bullet B5. Its really beautiful. You will enjoy that motorcycle.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 06:12:33 am
I saw the silver and black too. It is stunning.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 01:26:57 pm
Welcome to the Forum and congrats on your new bike!  I too enjoy that silver and black Bullet, it's very sexy.    :)

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 - C5 Classic Black
Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 04:07:22 am
Welcome...enjoy the ride and all the compliments that go with it... :D
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 04:13:31 am
Congrats, and welcome to the forums here, ya know, this place, right here, y'know?  :)
Nice choice in a Bullet!
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

meilaushi

• Grease Monkey
  • If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Ride!
Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 09:05:46 pm
Good for you!!!  REs are great 'little' bikes (they used to call them 'Big British Singles' @ 500ccs back in the day).  The only problem I ever run into when shopping with it (grocery foraging, etc.) is that it almost always takes 10 minutes longer than it used to on my BMW--not that the bike is too slow on back roads, but there's always someone who is hanging around the bike when I come out of the store who says it's such a beautiful bike and then wants to know what it is (despite the Royal Enfield on the tank and tank bag etc.).  I swear REs have the power to disengage people's reading ability!!! ;)
Ralph Meyer
2008 RE Classic Bullet ES :) "Ennypenny" (It's an Enfield and costs pennies to run!)
2010 RE Deluxe G-5 :)) "Eagle"
2010 BMW F800ST
Ridin' 58 years & counting!  Back roads are fun! Member IBA.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 10:31:48 pm
Welcome to the world of antiquities.Few peopeld ever heard of Royla Enfield back in the day they were sold here. Most of them think Royal Enfield was owned by Indian, because they saw Indians that were Royal Enfields. But I find most under 40 people never heard of the likes of Ariels, Dots, Cottons, Greeves, AJS, Matchless, Douglas, even BSA! There is a long list of motorcycles that I rode and loved that are not even a distant memory for most. But for the lucky few willing to take the chance they have gotten to ride a genuine 50s machine without the hassles of having a real 50s machine. You don't have to recall what the good old days were really like! And there were never more fun bikes than the old Brit bikes. Probably why there is still a gigantic following for them.
You will have nothing but good times on your B5. It will grow to be one of your favorite all time bikes! Even if it teaches you to be a mechanic!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 05:18:21 am
It will grow to be one of your favorite all time bikes! Even if it teaches you to be a mechanic!

Nicely put bare!

@ 2smoker: Even on the worst day, simply get on it and ride. All will soon be copacetic!  :D
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 06:55:01 pm
Nicely put bare!

@ 2smoker: Even on the worst day, simply get on it and ride. All will soon be copacetic!  :D
Agreed.

2Smoker there is truth in this.

Many find riding to be an effective stress reliever and mind focusing exercise. I am acquainted with one fellow who has found riding to be the cure for his PTSD. 
Local to me are three fellows who have found relief from muscle and joint problems by riding.

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 07:11:26 pm
Have fun! and embrace the shortcomings.  It's not the quickest, the fastest, the best handling, nor the most maintenance free bike I've ever had.  But it's the one I like the best all around.  Even though I avoid any road where people drive 55mph and over, it's the one I use instead of the car.  For shopping all I need is what I can put in the saddle cans - I can go again in a couple of days.
You'll get young guys and girls saying they think it's cool an "old guy" still rides.  I don't consider 56 old, those 70 YOs are old. :P
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: August 30, 2013, 07:54:30 pm
For hauling groceries i use cheap mini carabiners like this

to clip the handles of the plastic grocery bags together and throw them over the seat like saddlebags.

Done right I can carry eight bags of groceries, two cases of bottled water and a passenger.  Meh, better to carry less and go to the store more often  ;)