Author Topic: Royal Enfields "invade" TXABCD?  (Read 4508 times)

mplayle

• Bulleteer
on: August 24, 2013, 01:40:08 am
Seeing if I can generate some interest from the Texas folks riding Enfields.  The end of September is the TXABCD (Texas All British Car Day) in Round Rock, Tx.  (The official website is www.txabcd.org and has the details and registration information.  They don't yet have a "British Motorcycle" judging class, but I have contacted the main organizer and he is going to see what the committee says.  I know they would definitely appreciate at least a few on display at the show part on Sunday.

If interested, post here or send me a PM or email (mplayle13 -at- gmail -dot- com) so I can pass along a count of interested folks for maybe getting a judging class formed.

Cheers,
M. Playle

PS> This invite is not limited to only Texas folks.  Anyone wanting to attend is welcome and encouraged.

rvcycleguy

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 03:13:20 am
Seeing if I can generate some interest from the Texas folks riding Enfields.  The end of September is the TXABCD (Texas All British Car Day) in Round Rock, Tx.  (The official website is www.txabcd.org and has the details and registration information.  They don't yet have a "British Motorcycle" judging class, but I have contacted the main organizer and he is going to see what the committee says.  I know they would definitely appreciate at least a few on display at the show part on Sunday.

If interested, post here or send me a PM or email (mplayle13 -at- gmail -dot- com) so I can pass along a count of interested folks for maybe getting a judging class formed.

Cheers,
M. Playle

PS> This invite is not limited to only Texas folks.  Anyone wanting to attend is welcome and encouraged.

I'd be interested in any info you get.  My son and his wife are closing on a custom home off FM1431 and Parmer, last weekend in Sept.  He asked me to help him move in and needs my trailer.  Maybe I can trailer my RE from Houston and show the bike. 
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 09:08:48 pm by rvcycleguy »
1956 Bullet 500 (G2) Custom tank, Silencer Muffler, Powder Coated Chassis
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50 (800cc) Touring set-up. white walls, pearl white w/ ghost flames

mplayle

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 03:36:20 pm
The static show part of the event is on Sunday, September 29.  They do a rally o Saturday afternoon.

I know they (and I) would appreciate several for at least display.  I have not heard whether it is too late to get a judging class created.  I may suggest their "Special Interest" class as an option.

Please do bring it and take a "moving break" on Sunday and come to the show.

TWinOKC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 04:49:29 pm

Thanks for the info.  Might be fun.
2010  C5  Teal
2011 Triumph Bonneville T100
2015 Scrambler Ducati

rvcycleguy

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 09:12:11 pm
The static show part of the event is on Sunday, September 29.  They do a rally o Saturday afternoon.

I know they (and I) would appreciate several for at least display.  I have not heard whether it is too late to get a judging class created.  I may suggest their "Special Interest" class as an option.

Please do bring it and take a "moving break" on Sunday and come to the show.

Thanks.  If your not aware, there is a European Vintage rally in Luckenbach on the weekend of Oct 18-19 with the show on the 19th.  I plan to attend and show my bike.  It's a very well organized and attended event.  Over 10 years now.  Excellent representation for all types of motorcycles. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 03:19:37 am by rvcycleguy »
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50 (800cc) Touring set-up. white walls, pearl white w/ ghost flames

mplayle

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 01:44:46 am
I did not know of the Luckenbach event.  I'll have to see if I can put it on my calendar.  Knowing that area a bit, folks must either stay in Fredricksburg or trailer in for the event.

rvcycleguy

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 03:25:59 am
The event offers camping onsite and yes attendees do trailer in as well.  My sister lives in Harper, so we have accommodations.  Her husband shows a 69 Triumph flat track hack sidecar rig.  One of the attractions is a 100cc Fun Run.  Great restored cafes, and a vintage and current period trials bike competition riding over unbelievable obstacles. 

TWinOKC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 03:51:37 am
Link to the Luckenbach event.

http://www.harvestclassic.org/
2010  C5  Teal
2011 Triumph Bonneville T100
2015 Scrambler Ducati

rvcycleguy

• Grease Monkey
Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 01:32:31 pm

mplayle

• Bulleteer
Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 02:51:26 pm
I heard back from the organizer today.  The committee is all for having as many show up as possible.  They will put the bike in the "Special Interest" class this year and depending on turnout may do a "Bike" class next year.

For anyone far away that wants to come, there is also an award called "The Long And Winding Road" for the participant that traveled the furthest to attend.  (Best if you rode the bike all the way!)

Buckeroo

• Bulleteer
Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 04:38:16 pm
If I can get mine reassembled in time, I will try to make it.  I may come without the bike.

Cheers,
M. Playle

This bike was stored for 3.5 years.  It had fallen on its side for awhile. I claimed it about a year and a half ago. Thus the low miles and inexperienced owner.
2008 Bullet Electra Classic 500
Classic Frame and AVL motor
Electric Start
Electronic Ignition
5 speed
CV Carb

mplayle

• Bulleteer
Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 08:50:15 pm
If you can trailer it, bring it as-is.  The show covers everything from high dollar "trailer queens" to near basket-case candidates for the 'Diamond in the rough' award.  (The DIR award means showing the starting project one year and the finished within the next one or two years.)

Buckeroo

• Bulleteer
Reply #12 on: September 01, 2013, 04:17:17 am
It's just in a bunch of pieces and after what I found today, may be in a bunch more pieces.
This bike was stored for 3.5 years.  It had fallen on its side for awhile. I claimed it about a year and a half ago. Thus the low miles and inexperienced owner.
Electric Start
Electronic Ignition
5 speed
CV Carb

mplayle

• Bulleteer
Reply #13 on: September 01, 2013, 03:42:14 pm
I've been attending the TXABCD since about 2000.  I can recall at least 3 times where someone's entry was a complete basket-case in pieces on a trailer one year and the finished car the next.

Bring yours like that, do a picture log as you build it back together, display the finished bike and log the next time so folks see the before & After.
 :)

Buckeroo

• Bulleteer
Reply #14 on: September 01, 2013, 07:44:55 pm
I fear the reason it is a basket case is because I was riding and maintaining it like a jap bike, not like a fragile egg.
Electric Start
Electronic Ignition
5 speed
CV Carb