Author Topic: Chrome outer cover of stock EFI silencer  (Read 4105 times)

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #15 on: August 25, 2013, 10:31:31 pm
Alright, Dan K., now you know to locktite the three allen bolts holding your heat shield, or possibly better, replace them with proper hex-head bolts and locking washers.  And, you know what to do when your silencer heat shield clip breaks and it starts rattling at the skinny front end!  You're on your way...

DanKearney

• Grease Monkey
Reply #16 on: August 26, 2013, 04:22:03 am
Oh Yay!  A new guy from Colorado!!!  Welcome to the forum Dan!  And you'll want to loctite more than just that heat shield.  These old Thumpers have a lot of vibrations and will rattle loose just about every part on the bike.  Most guys use the green penetrating grade Loctite and just apply it to every nut and bolt they can access.  What dealer did you buy your bike from?

Scottie

Thanks for the welcome Scotty.  I picked the bike up from Randy at Unique Rides in Ft. Collins on Saturday.  Did my first real ride on it today.  About 100 miles or so.  Man, that stock saddle is like sitting on a cinder block after an hour or so.

I would like to meet other RE owners in the area.  Is there any sort of RE group?

Cheers,

Dan K.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: August 26, 2013, 04:41:54 am

I would like to meet other RE owners in the area.  Is there any sort of RE group?

I haven't found any.   :(    Tho I was invited to come to a meeting for the BMAC (British Motorcycle Association of Colorado) by some guys I met at a bike night in LoDo.  I live in Aurora and once saw a guy just down the street from me on a 2010 Military.  But I didn't get a chance to talk to him as I confronted him at a stop light.  There's also a member on a facebook page that I'm part of that has a new C5, but I haven't really heard anything from him.  BUT I'M totally down for a ride ANY time.  Lookout Mountain is always a blast!  I work in Wheat Ridge too, so I'm not that far from you during the week.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

DanKearney

• Grease Monkey
Reply #18 on: August 26, 2013, 04:04:14 pm
Scotty,

I will send you a PM so I don't hijack this thread any more.

Cheers,

Dan K.