Author Topic: new silencer shunned by the department of environmental climate change  (Read 3331 times)

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Driving to work the other day and See a random breath test stop. pull over. wanker pig asks for my license, asks me some questions, didnt listen to answers, checked my helmet, wanted to know how it buckled up - like the prick really cares about my head. wasted my time for 5 minutes. RBT's are usually a blow n go scenario. Anyway i was pretty annoyed and i let a bit too much throttle out. Was a bit too loud...
Today in the post a nice blue letter from said Piglet saying he has referred my bike to the DECC. The bike needs to have an inspection now and supposedly every 6 months it will be checked for any non stock mods - which i must pay for. The only mod is the silencer - which i love! This city is becoming unbelievable. Such a beautiful place but full of C**** Ive almost had it with the joint. i know so many people leaving because they just cant afford to live here anymore.
So ill put the bazooka back on. When letter comes ill call the DECC head honcho and tell him exactly what happened except that the stock muffler cracked and thats the reason for the noise. This actually happened so the welds there...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 12:58:16 pm by Sectorsteve »

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
What an ass.  Sorry to hear that.  The cops here in Denver don't even mess with you (bikers) unless your excessively speeding.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
these guys appear to have a hearing defect now when it comes to the harley boys.........our mufflers sound like wimps!

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
"Department of Environmental Climate Change"!
Ha! That's a good one!

We have something similar here.
But we also have the "Department that takes nudie pictures of you and fondles the private parts of you and your lady at the airport, trying to pretend it has something to do with security ".
Hopefully, you have been spared that one. It's rotten to the core, that one.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 02:46:54 pm by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Man.  Australia is worse than the US.  Only cop who came close to showing any interest in my bike said it was nice.  He then advised me to put a reflective stripe or something over the "Polizei" on the back of my surplus German Police jacket in case one of his overzealous coworkers took offense.  And he just struck up a conversation at 7-11, didn't stop me or anything.  (7-11 is a convenience store, often with gas pumps, like an East  Coast Circle-K where cops hang out when there's no donut shop or I-HOP around. Don't know what you'se guys got in the Empire and Inju, though I recall 7-11s in Japan and Hong Kong.)
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Years ago, I had an ATLANTA GA.(don't go there) Rookie Motorcycle Cop pull me over for loud pipes, on my 1972 triumph on which I was using some NOS BSA mufflers which were throatier than the stock Triumphs. After assuring the guy they were stock & baffled, the fool guy stuck a finger up one muffler & got a very nasty burn. I succeeded in not laughing, & he hurried off to get some fist aid. I understand they haven't gotten any cleverer in Atlanta since then.
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
That is bloody ridiculous. Such bad luck. They have nothing better to do..I swear all they do is patrol here and there, whilst speeding themselves..putting their sirens on to get through traffic to have 'fun'. Once they start getting bored, that is what they do. Revenue making money stealing people...trying to find a chance or an excuse to make you pay a 'fine' either by finding a defect(s) on your vehicle or sending you to the EPA office for a noise test.

I can not believe how loud an Enfield can be as compared to the Harley boys here. Their bikes are obnoxiously loud and I hear them everyday..I can assure you they probably reach an excess of 110dB with their straight pipes.

Just put your stocky torpedo back on before the test and tell them to back off afterwards. You're not going to go every six months for a lame as noise test. I've passed many police vehicles, RBT stations and stationary police cars detecting speed numerous times with my EFI Silencer (without baffle at different speeds), but they have never stopped me.
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

hillntx

• Shriner Bulleteer
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2011 G5 Classic, 2004 Sixty-5, 2010 C5 Classic
I wouldn't even mention the crack and just say you don't know why the officer selected you.  Once it passes by a large margin ask if you really need to come back.

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
yeah ive had a bit of bad luck lately. Its like a test from the universe or something to see how i will react. will i crack, will i rise above?
The RBT was on ernest street cammeray and ive been driving that route and seen that RBT many times , as they have been using it for years. Its a stuck up area with mansions and one way streets to suit the rich. I usually miss the RBT and see it from up the road where i turn in after RBT. This time the RBT got me and i wasnt worried. Now im on guard. im going out of my way to avoid these assholes. Everyday i see people in their cars on their phones, eating, reading papers, pulling out, not using turn signals etc. Twice in one week in the harbour tunnel i witnessed right in front of me cars scraping the sides of their cars on the tunnel walls!
Basically im like a motorcycle courier. im out and about everywhere everyday - so i see it all.
Admittedly the silencer is a bit too loud. Its got me thinking. Ill whack the bazzoka on, but firstly i wanna try and quieten down my megaphone, so i can put it back on later.
Its also funny how the letter says i was stopped and my vehicle inspected. I was stopped at an RBT. Usually they dont even look at your license. ive just come back from northern beaches but am making a conscious effort to avoid that area from now on.
I feel like a bit of a fool because when the pig was asking questions i was happily answering cause i love the bike, but he was only interested in stitching me up.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 02:25:41 am by Sectorsteve »

no bs

• Grand Gearhead
  • if it's got two wheels i'm on it
check with your buddy brian and see if you guys can whip up a creative solution to pass big brother's test. just remember, not all cops are assholes, just the ones who can't catch a real bad guy. he may have got stuck with a shit detail and was taking it out on you. nevertheless, i commiserate.
killing bugs since 1972 2011 g5 deluxe frankenbullet

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
It never hurts to pull in the clutch & coast past the MAN. I have done this for years with total success. It's the ones you don't see......
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
+1

Not all cops are bad ones.  In fact, I believe MOST police officers are really great people.  I met a lot of them in about 5 years in the retail scene and I've met some cops who are very cool people who will pull you over just to see what your riding/driving because they are hot rodders themselves.  BUT there are SOME cops that are complete A holes that go out of their way to make peoples lives miserable.  Put the stock bazooka back on and play their game and you'll be ok.  As for that megaphone, wrap the baffle like I was yelling you about a month ago.  You'll be surprised at how big of a difference it makes while keeping a great sound.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
all true as. This was just a bored guy. these people are everywhere in society. cop or no cop.
I will wrap the hell out of that baffle and put it back on after test - maybe. i really dont wanna use the stock muffler, so hopefully i can sort the megaphone out - make it quieter.

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Good Cop...Bad Cop.
It's usually a crap shoot anyway.
Long ago in a state far far away I was stopped by a total dick that obviously thought his uniform gave him some otherworldly power over everybody. Put me through the ringer and then confiscated my truck. A very vocal attorney set him straight, but until then I didn't have a vehicle. At the time I was managing a Radio Shack he frequented, so he got the cold shoulder every time he came in, and I'd do my best to gouge his wallet for every dime.
One day he asked why I acted the way I did, so I unloaded on him.
He calmly replied, "You're talking about my twin brother, the asshole who thinks he's on a mission from God. I hate that f*****". Oops!  :-[
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

Royalista

• phaneropter
  • Grand Gearhead
 :o
The notorious yin/yang twin  ;D
moriunt omnes pauci vivunt

no bs

• Grand Gearhead
  • if it's got two wheels i'm on it
if you run into my evil twin all bs, don't believe a word! i was in omaha.
killing bugs since 1972 2011 g5 deluxe frankenbullet

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
if you run into my evil twin all bs, don't believe a word! i was in omaha.

I was born in Beatrice.  I don't trust anyone from North of the Platte River anyway.
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH