Author Topic: How to reset TPS ( Throttle body sensor )  (Read 33117 times)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #45 on: August 16, 2013, 10:10:22 pm
angel hair pasta Harness, with the 20 amp fuses

Priceless!

Blairio

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #46 on: August 17, 2013, 04:06:16 am
According to the Trail tech tacho I fitted,  my UCE Electra idles at anything between 1050 and 1250 depending on whether the engine was cold when I started it, and how hot it eventually gets. If the engine is stone cold it sits at 1050, and if necessary the bi-starter lever will boost the tickover by a couple of hundred rpm. During normal traffic, the idle is around 1150, but when stuck in heavy traffic on a hot day it creeps up to around 1250.

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 - C5 Classic Black
Reply #47 on: August 17, 2013, 08:50:02 am

What ? ... Me ?  If you are referring to the angel hair pasta Harness, with the 20 amp fuses . And the R/R unit that mysteriously and finally kicks in at some mysterious load condition .... no . not me ! Perish the thought !!   ::) ;)
;) I thought we were in serious discussions about the TPS..not Italian food.....
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011

Mcurrier

• Scooter
  • 2011 G5
Reply #48 on: August 17, 2013, 04:55:41 pm
After reading every post on this topic and a couple searches I'm still left with a question. I have a free flowing upswept muffler and a K&Nfilter on my G5. At highway speeds (70mph) it tends to cough if I get on it. It feels likes there's way more in the motor but my first assumption is that it's running lean. My blue wire reading is .6 volts.  So if I'm reading this right I should be able to adjust it to .65-.7 to richen the mixture and that should help me out? Right? TPS reads 4.67 at WOT

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #49 on: August 17, 2013, 08:01:52 pm
;) I thought we were in serious discussions about the TPS..not Italian food.....

It WAS getting close to dinner when I posted that ! I am a bunch of hours ahead you. :D ;D

After reading every post on this topic and a couple searches I'm still left with a question. I have a free flowing upswept muffler and a K&Nfilter on my G5. At highway speeds (70mph) it tends to cough if I get on it. It feels likes there's way more in the motor but my first assumption is that it's running lean. My blue wire reading is .6 volts.  So if I'm reading this right I should be able to adjust it to .65-.7 to richen the mixture and that should help me out? Right? TPS reads 4.67 at WOT

If you choose to tune by adjusting the tps voltage for the particular modifications that you made... and remember this will richen or lean the mix ACROSS the range. The exact voltage will have to be determined by you . With a lot of saddle time, plug reading, trial and error and ETC.  And that voltage reading is going to depend on what specific modifications you made. And how the bike reacts.

Ideally, it's better, more precise, quicker , more expensive, to tune the bike with a PC-V, or something like it.  If you have the the bucks.... You can tune the bike much better this way, especially if you are flowing a lot more. You can more accurately adjust your fuel and timing in specific areas where the bike needs it.
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Mcurrier

• Scooter
  • 2011 G5
Reply #50 on: August 17, 2013, 09:41:57 pm
Thanks gashousegorilla, I'm still getting used to these computerized bikes... They're great for starting first thing in the morning but not so great for the garage build mechanic.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #51 on: August 18, 2013, 03:38:04 pm
Thanks gashousegorilla, I'm still getting used to these computerized bikes... They're great for starting first thing in the morning but not so great for the garage build mechanic.

No prob.  And yes and no on the garage build thing.... their different is all. And a new thing to learn and get into, I enjoy it. And down the road, pretty much we have no choice if we want to play with the bikes. So unless you spend the money to convert to a carb ? Might as well spend it on tuning the EFI  and learning , if you're into that... IMHO.

Curious... What K&N filter do you have ? A pod or in the air box?  And what exhaust ?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 03:40:57 pm by gashousegorilla »

Mcurrier

• Scooter
  • 2011 G5
Reply #52 on: August 18, 2013, 05:09:20 pm
  Curious... What K&N filter do you have ? A pod or in the air box?  And what exhaust ?

I'm not sure of the model, but it's the replacement K&N for the stock air box, I'm not a big fan of ditching the stock airbox, it's never panned out well for me in the past. I'm running an Emgo upswept muffler on the stock length header.  It runs great, other than the top speed. Which I'm not completely sure if its a mods thing or just the way the bike runs. I'd have to imagine I could get it up to 90mph though. I'm 160lbs and I've shaved about 35lbs off of the bike.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #53 on: August 19, 2013, 04:09:17 pm
I'm not sure of the model, but it's the replacement K&N for the stock air box, I'm not a big fan of ditching the stock airbox, it's never panned out well for me in the past. I'm running an Emgo upswept muffler on the stock length header.  It runs great, other than the top speed. Which I'm not completely sure if its a mods thing or just the way the bike runs. I'd have to imagine I could get it up to 90mph though. I'm 160lbs and I've shaved about 35lbs off of the bike.

Very nice bike Btw !    It's probably both... the bike and the mods. I'm thinking you de-tuned the bike, by freeing up the intake and exhaust, but didn't address the fuel.  And to be honest.... i don't no if that K&N flows more or restricts more from what i hear.  But you could try putting the stock filter back in, until ..when and if you want to tune it. I've had no problem tuning with pods.. i'm using a velocity stack now.