Author Topic: Just as the good weather arrives - speedo seizes solid - expensive!  (Read 12412 times)

cochi

• Grease Monkey
Spittingbull,  the computer in my office was down for a couple of days. Glad you got the speedo sorted out. As for Mr Lucas, I hear that his company also makes cardiac pace makers !!!! I wonder if they have a positive ground? cochi :-[

Old thunder

• Neophyte
Good weather has come at last, so my speedo decided to seize up at about 13,500 km.  The speedo drive on the front wheel, of course, was still trying to turn the cable, and the upshot of this was a stripped gear in the speedo drive.

So that's a new speedo and a new speedo gearbox.  While the wheel's out I might as well change the brake shoes and fit a new front tyre.  Ah, well - it's only money!

Tom
::)

bobblehead76

• rider in north carolina
  • Scooter
  • 08 Military
I to just had a speedo problem today. it goes to 25mph and no higher.When i slow down and stop it goes back to zero. Any clue what would be causing this?
Bobblehead76

Spitting Bull

• Grand Gearhead
Bobblehead, it may be the cable or the speedo head itself.  The cable is the cheaper of the two to replace if you want to try a process of elimination!  My original speedo started to behave erratically a year or so ago, and a replacement cable cured this.  (The speedo has since siezed up so this may have been a return of the original problem or something completely different.)

Tom
One cylinder is enough for anyone.

bobblehead76

• Scooter
  • 08 Military
i found the problem . the cable came out of the speedo. I pulled out the head light and put the cable back on. I've gone over 200 miles and no more problem.
Bobblehead76

cochi

• Grease Monkey
Bobble, isn't  it great when problems are simple? cochi :D

LotusSevenMan

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...._[:]@==<
I thought the 'problem' was going to be even simpler; just the fact you weren't travelling above 25MPH !!!   ::)
If it ain't broke-------------------------- fix it 'till it is!

Royal Enfield Miltary 500cc  (2003)
Honda VTR FireStorm (SuperHawk) 996cc 'V' twin
Kawasaki KR1 250cc twin 'stroker
Ducati 916 'L' twin

bobblehead76

• Scooter
  • 08 Military
My scooter is still going good I'm up to 1084 miles now. And i put up a new pic today if you want to take a look.
Bobblehead76