Author Topic: Talcum powder in the wheels  (Read 7338 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 04:59:42 am
Thought you lived in Denver! You ride without long johns? When I'm up in the mountains around here in the winter, you bet your bippy I do. I guess though I can remember riding in 25 degree weather in Wyoming with a t-shirt on occasionally when I was a kid. Didn't go very far.
Yeah, it's a dry cold!
Bare

I DO live in Denver now, BUT I lived in Wisconsin for 31 years before that!    ;D  People here think I'm crazy because I ride all winter long as long as there isn't snow/ice on the roads.  But I tell you what, after riding snowmobiles in -20F long enough you begin to adapt.  Or freeze your common sense off.  Either way.  ;D   I don't enjoy the cold, but it doesn't bother me here.  I do have a pair of flannel lined jeans that are very comfy in the mountains.  In the winter I usually wear a pair of fleece pajamas under my jeans and wear my ski parka with my winter riding gloves.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 10:05:27 am
I DO live in Denver now, BUT I lived in Wisconsin for 31 years before that!    ;D  People here think I'm crazy because I ride all winter long as long as there isn't snow/ice on the roads.  But I tell you what, after riding snowmobiles in -20F long enough you begin to adapt.  Or freeze your common sense off.  Either way.  ;D   I don't enjoy the cold, but it doesn't bother me here.  I do have a pair of flannel lined jeans that are very comfy in the mountains.  In the winter I usually wear a pair of fleece pajamas under my jeans and wear my ski parka with my winter riding gloves.

Scottie

It's not my common sense that I worry about freezing off when I ride in the cold...

Scottie... fleece pajamas while you're riding -  now that's a confident guy!  ;D

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 01:47:54 pm
It's not my common sense that I worry about freezing off when I ride in the cold...

Scottie... fleece pajamas while you're riding -  now that's a confident guy!  ;D

Hey!  UNDER the blue jeans...  Geesh!   ;)

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 06:21:00 pm
In other words, paisley long johns! ;)
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

cstorckiii

• Bulleteer
  • In tune with the ancient line of Moto
Reply #19 on: April 26, 2014, 01:52:41 am
Unscented, medicated, powered talc can be found at your nearest billiard supply store.
With a 500cc Bullet under your ass, the world is in your fist.

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: April 26, 2014, 03:55:16 pm
Hopefully not made from babies.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #21 on: April 26, 2014, 11:58:11 pm
Unscented, medicated, powered talc can be found at your nearest billiard supply store.

;D ;D ;D

What's a billiard supply store?

cstorckiii

• Bulleteer
  • In tune with the ancient line of Moto
Reply #22 on: June 21, 2014, 01:39:40 am
It's where they sell pot passers for the fancy eatin' table.
With a 500cc Bullet under your ass, the world is in your fist.

Scotty Brown

• Grand Gearhead
  • Scotty Brown
Reply #23 on: August 24, 2014, 04:35:33 am
Tire Talc---by performance,inc. Chapel Hill, NC---- Should be available in any high quality bicycle store -- I haven't had to buy any in years as it goes a long way --And yes, it really works.