Author Topic: TT and Stan!  (Read 2088 times)

bikerboo

• Scooter
  • 2011 Classic
on: August 09, 2013, 10:08:05 pm
Hi Guys,just a little pic of me and Stan playing at the TT this May.Felt rather lonely as not many Enfields to keep me company,even Dave(palace15) came on his BMW.We did 1200 miles of trouble free motoring,though did have to laugh when some guy on the ferry asked me how fast I went round the course.Its not the speed but the style that counts!! happy riding Cath.
Adventure before dementia

Joel-in-dallas

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 11:26:25 pm
That is great. I bet that was one amazing ride. There are Royal Enfields all over, but I don't think they are in any races anymore.

bikerboo

• Scooter
  • 2011 Classic
Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 12:52:21 am
Hi Joel,yes it was great fun,though may invest in some sort of gel pad when I go again next year.The seat ain't as comfy as I thought.The island made for Enfields,lots of little roads and tight hairpins,I did 600 miles just chuggin round the island looking at the scenary.Rode the course most days,getting up early to get the best of the day and miss most of the loonies.Quite a few about,one or two didn't make it home.
Well worth a visit if only once in a lifetime.

02twincam88b

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 01:26:27 am
I am soooooo jealous. I would ride a tricycle around the course if I could. What an awesome trip that must have been!
Future RE owner
2013 Ural T
2002 FLSTFI
Many others gone, but none forgotten

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 03:17:03 am
Well, howdy stranger!

Cool shot!  Looks like it might have been a chilly ride - heavy leathers and wool socks!  Must have been wonderful...

bikerboo

• Scooter
  • 2011 Classic
Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 05:25:18 am
hi Mattsz,it was half seven in the morning and although the sun was shining there was a nip in the air,all those sea breezes.I prefer to travel suited and booted,well spotted with the socks,I spun and knitted them myself,just the job for my m'cycle boots,I have warm toes if nothing else.I did get a few funny looks from the guys with the flashy sports bikes,a lady of uncertain age with an old fashioned looking motorbike.Still he got me there and back all in one piece.  ;D

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 05:17:15 pm
"A lady of uncertain age" I love it! What a great time you must have had. It is stuff like this that makes me homesick.
Robert & REnfield. 8) 8) 8)

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 05:43:38 pm
...a lady of uncertain age...

Indeed!  ;D

I have one of those myself!  My wife is rather older than me, but she looks young for her age - plus I have a lot of gray hair and she's got none!  I have had a beard since I've known her, and I'm not allowed to shave it off, ever, on the grounds that this will make me look younger, and we can't have that!  She's also knitted me wool socks, and she even spun and knitted me a nice heavy Guernsey sweater of naturally dark-brown wool.  So, I'm keeping her...  ;)

Back to our regularly scheduled broadcast...

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #8 on: August 10, 2013, 05:43:52 pm
Actually, Enfields are quite active in the vintage racing events, right up to this day.
And they are fairly competitive, given the technical disadvantages they have compared to racing bikes like the Manx and G50 and such.
Our member Bullet Whisperer campaigns a pair of Bullets on the British circuits and does quite well.  And Steve Linsdell rides in the Senior TT at the IOM every year with his Bullet. Steve is probably the fastest Bullet rider in history.

If/when we finally get our high lift rocker project done for the Iron Barrel engine, and increase the rpm limits a bit, we are going to try to get a IOM TT project going, to get an Ace Bullet into that famous race.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 07:24:00 pm
 Bullets continue to serve well in vintage scrambles, hill climb and dirt track racing as well.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

palace15

• Bulleteer
Reply #10 on: August 10, 2013, 08:17:46 pm
  And Steve Linsdell rides in the Senior TT at the IOM every year with his Bullet.

I think you really need to check your facts on this!
You will always find that women that have lost thier virginity, still have the box it came in!

Royal Enfield, making mechanics out of owners since 1893.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #11 on: August 10, 2013, 08:46:25 pm

I think you really need to check your facts on this!

Sorry, I was wrong, he's not riding the Bullet every year. There have been other bikes besides his Bullet.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 02:02:26 am by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !

bikerboo

• Scooter
  • 2011 Classic
Reply #12 on: August 10, 2013, 11:20:12 pm
The uncertain bit refers to the ever increasing gap between my actual age and the age I feel I should be. When I'm on my bike its back to the early twenties . And as to the TT ,they had the Norton here this year so why not an Enfield ,it would be brilliant.  8)

palace15

• Bulleteer
Reply #13 on: August 11, 2013, 09:20:52 am
Bikerboo, The Norton that as been at the TT the last 2 years as been an Aprillia 'V' twin  engined bike, previous to that the 1992 Norton was a rotary, the fastest  Enfield on the TT course was indeed the 500(Redditch UK) one of Steve Linsdell that was raced at the Manx Grand Prix, same circuit but different event and although it lapped at just over 102mph, happens to be less that the current fastest speed of an electric bike (109.675mph). So I my bet is that we will never see an Enfield raced at the TT, unless they ever run a classic TT like they did in 1994. Gets confusing now the Manx Grand prix as been renamed the 'Classic TT'!!
You will always find that women that have lost thier virginity, still have the box it came in!

Royal Enfield, making mechanics out of owners since 1893.