Author Topic: 1964 Intercepter Newbie  (Read 1574 times)

RoyalDetroit

• Scooter
on: August 08, 2013, 08:26:11 pm
Hello everybody, I just wanted to say "Hi" since i'm the FNG here. I just bought a 1964 Intercepter yesterday and I am sure I will be asking you guys many question about this bike. It looks all there and was a runner about 4-6 years ago. It was restored i'm guessing it was in the 80's so it's in nice shape as it was always garaged. Does anyone know where to get parts for this bike in the states?
                                                      Cheers, Harry
1964 iNTERCEPTER 750

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 10:52:38 pm
There aren't any that I know of that have much of any  stock for them. Hitchcocks in England is the main source. You can go to British meets and find stuff sometimes and also Ebay.   ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 01:26:20 pm
I bought a good amount of my restoration parts for my '58 Trailblazer from Hitchcock's or Ebay.  And even a few of the Ebay parts came from England and India.  Depending on what you're looking for you may be able to buy some of your parts from The Bonneville Shop here in Denver.  Roger, the owner, also has an Ebay store for his shop and stocks a LOT of parts for Triumphs, quite a few of which are interchangeable with the Enfields.  I bought my mufflers, alternator, rectifier, dip switch, fuel petcocks and head light trim ring from there.  I also bought a new Amal 930 from  Arvada Bike Company in Arvada, CO.

PICS???

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

RoyalDetroit

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 02:07:54 pm
Thanks for the Info Scottie, i'm sure that some of the Trumpet stuff will work. I used to deal with a place in Garden City MI called British Only when I had my "66" Bonnie, I will see it they have anything for me. I will get some pics to post.
1964 iNTERCEPTER 750