Author Topic: 1996 Bullet engine  (Read 5507 times)

woodythx138

• Scooter
on: August 01, 2007, 06:44:06 am
Ok so I have a question, I have a 96 Bullet and in the constant quest for speed and performance that is programed in to almost every walking male on the face of the earth, I
have a question, do they make a magneto for these bikes or could you use a magneto off a early single cyl. briggs and stratton engine.Also if the bick has a stock 28mm carb could you adapt a pair of 20mm carbs to a home made manifold, just some 2:00 am thoughts. Thanks for your input. Chris

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
  • I chase shiny objects across the internet.
Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 03:21:50 pm
Hi Chris, welcome to the forum!

I forwarded it to our tech guys, but it was pretty original request. Here is their reply:

The bike would function with an early magneto. But with Briggs? Who knows? I suppose one could use two 20mm carbs, but why abandon simplicity?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 03:24:27 pm by CMW-Rhett »
What wouldn't you not do if you didn't know you wouldn't fail?

woodythx138

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 04:55:02 pm
Thanks for the feedback, was just a thought on the twin carb deal , kind of a crazy thought but had to ask, the mag though is something I might give a go with,I like to tinker and have the old briggs engine sitting there and thought it would be interesting if you could make it work, do they make a mag for these ? Anyway thanks for the welcome and looks like will have some fun with this bike, I just picked it up from a local guy In S.F. pretty cheap because he finaly gave up on trying to get it runing, not sure what the problem is but will take it a step at a time and start from the begining. Thanks again. Chris

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
  • I chase shiny objects across the internet.
Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 06:47:17 pm
No problem; You've certainly come to the right place for help with that!
What wouldn't you not do if you didn't know you wouldn't fail?

woodythx138

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 06:37:26 am
Hey thanks again for getting back. Chris