Author Topic: Hello there from England  (Read 2294 times)

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 05:45:06 pm
Obviously too tall for me!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

NorthernMonkey

• Scooter
Reply #16 on: August 30, 2013, 07:30:50 pm
I really like that seat arrangement.  The comfort of a bench and almost the look of solo and pillion.  Cool!

The second seat isn't OEM, it's clamped to the luggage rack. I'm probably going to take it off, so I can strap a bag there.

The licence system here is stupidly complicated. It's been invented by committee in Europe. As I'm over 24, I can go straight to a full licence, but to do so, have to take parts 1 and 2 of the test on a bike with over 35hp, so 90% of schools are using Honda CB600s

WRT to tyres, they are 18's so not too many options for knobblies.

Dave1

• Grease Monkey
Reply #17 on: August 30, 2013, 09:41:44 pm
Hi from a fellow Brit. I entered back into the Royal Enfield fold 3 or so weeks ago. Nice ride. Love the Woodman stlye of bike. Enjoy.

Buckeroo

• Bulleteer
Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 05:00:27 am
Nice looking bike.  Congratulations on a good find.  Stay tuned into the forum from the first day of ownership, read everything, and ask questions.  This is imperative advice.
This bike was stored for 3.5 years.  It had fallen on its side for awhile. I claimed it about a year and a half ago. Thus the low miles and inexperienced owner.
2008 Bullet Electra Classic 500
Classic Frame and AVL motor
Electric Start
Electronic Ignition
5 speed
CV Carb

NorthernMonkey

• Scooter
Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 10:10:52 pm
As the bike is kept in a Garage a couple of streets away from where I live, I spent today beefing up the security. After burning through 2 batteries in my battery powered drill trying to drill into concrete. I admitted defeat, and had to use a generator, and a proper hammer drill, so I could drill the 16mm holes needed for the ground anchor.

I've purchased a 2 meter long chain, which loops through the ground anchor, and over the top of the engine, through the frame. Anyone who wants to steal this bike is going to have to try very hard.

The chain is 16mm! It weighs a ton, and each link is nearly the size of my iphone. I've taken a picture of it next to my RE key, so you can see how big it is. I've quite impressed myself with its lack of subtlety.  :P
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 10:14:59 pm by NorthernMonkey »