Author Topic: royal enfield c5 V B5  (Read 2016 times)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
on: August 02, 2013, 06:31:32 am
i have just sold my 2012 c5 but have been informed that the cafe racer may not arrive here in oz till feb/march 2014.
a big 7 months wait and that is  providing it gets here then. over the past 18 months i've had 2 c5's so i think it's now time for a change.
i plan to buy a 2013 black b5 -think its got the silver striping and see how it goes....bench v solo etc etc  hopefully it will be as good as the c5's.
if all goes to plan next week i will load up the hi-ace and go pick it up.

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 07:00:38 am
Yeahh! Of course it will be good! ;D I would be quite excited. It's a good thing you've spent a nice time on the C5 and now you'll be having the B5. It'll be fun to compare them both first hand. Have a look out for rusty spots underneath the headlight rim, exhaust header pipe bolts and also underneath the fuel tank where the low-fuel sensor is located. Hopefully the Motociclo guys have kept that B5 indoors mostly and not outside as a showpiece.

Good luck! and do post some pictures when you get it :D
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 01:51:50 pm
when i pick it up i will rip up a few photos to the site

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 02:23:35 pm
Quote from: wildbill  over the past 18 months i've had 2 c5's so i think it's now time for a change.

[/quote
Bill, I'm a bit worried about you. You seem to be suffering from enfield compulsive/impulsive disorder. I've looked into this a little and it seems there is no known cure....it's terminal....but the good news is you're like to die of old age before it kills you :)
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 02:28:33 pm
Bill, I'm a bit worried about you. You seem to be suffering from enfield compulsive/impulsive disorder. I've looked into this a little and it seems there is no known cure....it's terminal....but the good news is you're like to die of old age before it kills you :).

;D
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 10:28:57 pm
ACF50 takes care of the rusting problem.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 12:16:11 am
AussieDave
there are days when i wonder - if i'm the full quid or not!  l.o.l.  ;)