Author Topic: Inspections  (Read 730 times)

Phlakaton

• Bulleteer
on: August 06, 2013, 02:26:25 pm
I'm finally going to get my Iron state inspected here in TX.  Anything I should pay attention to before going in?  A cop finally got me and let me off with a warning (phewww) - but now I'm paranoid.  It's only been over 4 years since I bought her new and never inspected since.  TX doesnt mandate it with registration renewal so I never bothered.
'08 Bullet 500 Iron ES

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 03:37:50 pm
Lights, brake lights, turn signals, horn, good enough tires, good frame and engine numbers
ACE Motors - sales & administration

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 03:38:58 pm
Phlakaton:  I've been riding my iron with a dead inspection sticker since last October...I installed  a new front tire this spring as it was getting a bit thin... The big things are operational lights, horn and brake functionality.That stated, I've yet to have anyone take a hard look at the drum brake setup...You probably have your registration locked away but just in case they like to see it while jotting down the current mileage on your new sticker..I have 2 other machines with valid stickers to play on which is why I haven't been in a hurry with the enfield.. Good Luck...
Oh Magoo you done it again