Author Topic: Oh so critical break-in period.  (Read 6356 times)

jonapplegate

• Grand Gearhead
  • you stand tall when you stoop to help
Reply #15 on: June 28, 2008, 09:38:55 am
Dewjantim, I was just re-reading the post of yours that I was responding to. I recently was reading press releases on the Indian RE site and one release was very interesting in regards to export bikes. Their was nothing solid date wise but it sounds like they were building the export bikes from excess, that is overrun, or seconds, parts. This just blows my mind. From a marketing standpoint you couldn't possibly extend a worse foot to the global public. They are lucky we are so starved for the product that they produce. This was all coming from the president or CEO or something like that. Iwould like to mention that in their defense I was surprised that the fella threw out a number of something like 1500 or 2500 bikes sold in 07-08 for export so we are only 15% of total sales. That is outside of India. Sounds like that is all in the past now and the person in charge is really focused on changing some of the well earned perceptions of the brand.
       Okay, I rambled a little bit. The main intent of my reply was that I wasn't surprised you found a Hi-Po pump in your bike since our bikes may have been assembled from whatever parts could be cobbled together.

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: June 28, 2008, 01:20:35 pm
cyrusb

Is there a cure for that inaccuracy?