Author Topic: I THINK I FOUND HER !!  (Read 1906 times)

air-man dan

• Scooter
on: July 29, 2013, 05:51:57 pm
...in "jersey", a 2005 RE Bullet B5, only 1,200 miles, garage kept and maintained. Owner got sick, could not ride.
Good morning fellow riders, name is Dan, new to this forum. I have a Italian Gilera, a Buell Blast and have had my eye in RE's for a while . This ones going for about $3,000 with extras. I wanted to get some opinions...Sound like a fair price ??

Michael Marsceill

• Scooter
  • 2009 AVL Deluxe
Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 06:14:19 pm
royalenfields.com is a good blog that contains Enfield craigslist postings from around the country. It will give you a good idea of values. My opinion only: if it is in the condition described, that's a reasonable price, not a "steal".

Michael Marsceill

• Scooter
  • 2009 AVL Deluxe
Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 06:16:38 pm
royalenfields.com is a good blog that contains Enfield craigslist postings from around the country. It will give you a good idea of values. My opinion only: if it is in the condition described, that's a reasonable price, not a "steal".
Also, I don't believe there was a B5 model until about two years ago.

air-man dan

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 06:45:50 pm
Thank mgm. I did do some checking and found some listed higher with more miles. My brother in Philly went down to NJ, checked her out and gave me a good report. They listed it as a Bullet B5 500.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 08:01:40 pm
There are no such things as a "2005 Bullet B5".
The B5 is a late model unit construction Bullet, which began in about 2011 in the US.
Any 2005 model is an Iron Barrel model Bullet(vintage type).
There are vast differences between the unit construction engines and the vintage type Iron Barrel engines.
The might be some confusion between "B5" and "ES"(Electric Start). The 2005 models did come with electric start, and were designated ES.

It would be advised to do a little further investigation to see exactly what you are considering purchasing.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

air-man dan

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 08:07:49 pm
So is this "iron barrel" a bad thing ??  OR unreliable ??
Prone to maintenance issues ??

air-man dan

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 08:12:43 pm
Thanks Ace, I was wondering when they changed over. It does have electric start. Maybe that's what he meant.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 08:19:33 pm
So is this "iron barrel" a bad thing ??  OR unreliable ??
Prone to maintenance issues ??

The vintage type Iron Barrel models are definitely more needy of mechanical attention than the new models are. An Iron Barrel model has a lot of charm and vintage appeal, but it is best owned by a very mechanically-oriented guy who is not afraid to completely rebuild the engine if necessary. The Iron Barrel basically IS a 1950s engine, and not a "retro". 
The new models are "retro", and have a new engine design in a classic styling package.
If you are wanting lower maintenance, the newer models from 2010-present are more in line for that kind of thing.

air-man dan

• Scooter
Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 08:30:00 pm
So if I get the one in "jersey" I should not sell the Buell...LOL  ??
I must be a Bullett Classic, the only diff I see in the B5 and C5 is the seat ??

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 08:34:47 pm
I must be a Bullett Classic, the only diff I see in the B5 and C5 is the seat ??

If it is a 2005, then it can only be the Iron Barrel engine. That's the only engine that was available here in 2005.

There were no C5 or G5 or B5 until at least 2010 or later. They all have the new engine.

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 08:35:18 pm
Nope, it's not a "Classic" model, not a C5, nor is it a B5.  It is an "Iron Barrel" Bullet 500.  Trans is a separate unit from the engine, it has a carb, not fuel injection.  Unless the PO upgraded it, it has points not Electronic Ignition.
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH

air-man dan

• Scooter
Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 09:51:57 pm
Thanks DD, I think the post-er did not know what he was posting. You guys have cleared up alot of questions I had already.