Author Topic: It's a small world after all.  (Read 1688 times)

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
on: July 26, 2013, 04:11:17 pm
Hi guy's & girl's. Visited the new Enfield dealer in White Lake MI on the way home from work last night. Talked to the owner Steve and checked out his stock. He had several C5's ( one of them a cool black/chrome) and a black B5.This guy seems very enthusiastic and by the look of all the restoration bikes they have in their warehouse  seem to know what they are about.
After some talk i found out his lead tech is someone i trained back in the 80's in a VW dealer! Yes, it is a small world. I will be returning ASAP to do some test riding. i am leaning toward a B5 but i would prefer green. I hope these guy's can make it and based on what i saw i think the chances are good.
 If anybody is interested i will give you updates on their progress. This is exciting having a dealer so close, i encourage anyone in the S.E. Michigan area to check it out.
They are called Detroit Iron, and are located on M59 in White lk MI.
Robert & REnfield. ;D ;D ;D

Portland Bullet

• Scooter
  • 2011 B5
Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 06:10:22 pm
So you would get the B5 and have it custom painted? I definitely want to see that when it's finished. I first wanted the G5 (for the color) but went with the B5 for the look and set-up. I'm glad I did. But a green B5?  8)
The Portland Bullet
To Dream, to Live, to Ride

2011 B5 Bullet 500cc

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 06:14:01 pm
We have the "Forest Green" B5's in the warehouse if he doesn't have them. It only takes a few days for it to get to the dealership.

It is a very nice color (new), sort of British Racing Green with some metal flake in it.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 08:42:37 pm
Step away from the green B5, Roverman; it's mine.  They're all mine, bwaaahaaahaaa...

Just kidding.  Sorta...

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 08:48:54 pm
I may be old Mattz but don't push it! Thanks Kevin, yeah i meant the new green not custom paint. I have not seen it in the flesh, my 03' is velvet green which i like a lot.
Smiles.