Author Topic: CV Carb intake= 45mm?  (Read 1532 times)

Superchuck

• Grand Gearhead
on: July 28, 2013, 11:25:44 pm
Hey all,

Researching which K&N filter I want to get, and which will fil my bike.  I have the Mikuni CV carb that comes standard on the AVL (UCal BS29).  I took the air intake flange off of my carb and measured the outside diameter of that 'horn' shaped thing that the air filter flange mounts to.  It seems to me that it's 45mm, but I wanted to confirm with others who've bought K&N filters as to which diameters you've used. 

Right now I'm leaning towards this one:  http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=RU-1040

I know the size is overkill but I like the look of it... stands out.  I'll be removing the air cleaner box and the battery box while going to a small solid state battery.  Anyone have other K&N's that fit their CV carb and/or comments as to which I should buy?

Thanks in advance,

Chuck

Superchuck

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 11:32:10 pm
K&N says their rubber flanges can stretch 1.5mm.  The one sold by nfieldgear says it'll be a tight fit on the Electra but doesn't specify flange inside diameter.

Any thoughts on if I could make a 43mm inside diameter flange stretch to fit my 45mm carb intake?  Again, still waiting confirmation from anyone who knows for sure the intake diameter.  If it's not a big deal and there is some 'fluff' room for this stuff, that's good news too...

Chuck