Author Topic: No power. Fuses?  (Read 1314 times)

ciderbruce

• Neophyte
on: July 24, 2013, 06:16:37 am
Help: I stored my 2010 Bullet for 6 months. I didn't remove battery or trickle charge. I know, I know. I get nothing when I turn key now. Charged battery - still nothing. Checked 3 fuses and all seem ok. What am I missing?

greenie

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 07:11:05 am
you might start checking for minor corrosion at battery terminals and go from there. and as you go, maybe apply light dialectric grease to all connections you check. arrgghh...electrical gremlins are heartless.
good luck!
95 ural tourist w/ 98 motor (650)
06 electra

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 09:18:31 am
Check your battery again. Make certain it is good, or able to take a charge. They do go bad sitting.
Next like above, check battery connections. Then check the battery ground at the frame, might be corroded there too.
If you stored outside, you might to look into other wire corrosion problems.
Once certain all that is fine, and if it still does not crank,....can you kick start?
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

ciderbruce

• Neophyte
Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 05:25:26 pm
Thank you for the replies. After much unsuccessful fussing with the battery I hauled it to the shop. Needed a new ignition switch. Now I have a new key to start the bike but still need the old key to lock and open compartments. Oh well, at least I'm riding again.

franknsr

• Neophyte
Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 03:32:31 am
I've had some luck with taking saddlebag locks to my local locksmith and having them rekeyed to match the ignition. I hated having 4 different keys for one bike. I had to break out the phone book (remember those?) to find my local guy as many have no online presence.