Author Topic: Sexy as bike...check this clip  (Read 2916 times)

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 03:34:17 pm
Ummmm, not working for my computer.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

rvcycleguy

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 03:47:57 pm
Cool bike.  I'm confused...  It's an old bike with new motor? Or new bike made to look old?
1956 Bullet 500 (G2) Custom tank, Silencer Muffler, Powder Coated Chassis
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50 (800cc) Touring set-up. white walls, pearl white w/ ghost flames

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 04:04:27 pm
  Think he means the KiWi Indian board tracker...  Nice !

http://www.kiwiindian.com/#!1911-board-track-racer/c201j
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 04:08:01 pm by gashousegorilla »
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 04:20:17 pm
Wierd, my computer wouldn't recognize the clip.  I noticed it said "mobile" so I watched it on my phone no problem.   ???  ANYways...

Very nice bike.  I'm glad they decided to put in an old Panhead motor instead of a new S&S motor or something stupid.  It's a nice board tracker, but does he actually race it?  That's when I REALLY can appreciate a bike or car.  When someone builds something beautiful and ain't afraid to run it.  To many times at car shows I see really bad ass machines in excess of 600hp and I ask "What does it run on the track?"  If their answer is "Oh, it's a show car" or "I don't run this car" or "I trailered this car from yadda yadda", that's when the conversation ends and I move onto the the next ride.  Cars and bike are meant to be driven and ridden.  Unless it's something SUPER rare like my buddies '69 REAL Yenko Camaro, then I can understand and appreciate the value and history behind it.  But if it's a Yenko clone....  Stop being a pussy and run the damn thing!!!!!

Scottie

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 04:53:28 pm
Wierd, my computer wouldn't recognize the clip.  I noticed it said "mobile" so I watched it on my phone no problem.   ???  ANYways...

Very nice bike.  I'm glad they decided to put in an old Panhead motor instead of a new S&S motor or something stupid. 
Scottie

It's not a Panhead, Scottie. And it's not old. It's a brand new engine (84 cu. in.) built by Kiwi. You can buy one of those bikes if you have the sheckels.

PS: I remember the Yenko days. I also remember days when a hundred in the quarter meant something & cars made noise.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 05:14:20 pm
      It's not a Panhead, Scottie. And it's not old. It's a brand new engine (84 cu. in.) built by Kiwi. You can buy one of those bikes if you have the sheckels.

Now I'm confused.  So what exactly is this bike? 

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 05:52:17 pm
Now I'm confused.  So what exactly is this bike?

It's one of many bikes you can have Kiwi build for you. They have a long & excellent history & reputation & here's their website. You can spend a pleasant couple hours on their site + if you Google them there's a lot of stuff out there & things on Youtube.

http://www.kiwiindian.com/

You also mentioned you were glad it wasn't an S&S engine. Well, S&S has been around for many, many years & is building the best V-twins out there now. In fact, harley would never have been able to create the shovelhead without S&S. They would STILL be building panheads & teetering on the brink of bankruptcy. You can buy a brand new S&S KNUCKLEhead that will run with the best. Or a Panhead if you'd rather. 100+ cubic inches if that lights your fire.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 05:59:53 pm
Here's my my problem with S&S motors.....  They're cookie cutter motors.  ANYone can buy one and throw it into ANY chassis.  That doesn't impress me.  Sorry.  Nor do crate motors for Chevy, Ford, Dodge ect.  Sure they're all great motors with warranties, but it takes the fun out of the build.  I guess if you're a builder and use crate motors to make your job easier, whatever.  They just don't impress me.  But if you take a 40's, 50's or 60's motor and rebuild it from scratch and make it scream, now THAT is an achievement to be proud of.  Again, JMHO.

That is a very nice bike regardless.

Scottie

no bs

• Grand Gearhead
  • if it's got two wheels i'm on it
Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 02:04:57 am
this is the guy i met at the swap meet in dixon last month, mike "kiwi" tomas. real cool bikes, real cool guy. you have to check out the website kiwiindian.com and see the coast guard bike and the hendee deviant. truly an artist.
killing bugs since 1972 2011 g5 deluxe frankenbullet

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 04:49:36 am
Those are some really nice bikes.  I REALLY like that 1911 Board Tracker, that thing is sick!
2 Thumbs Up!    :)

Scottie

no bs

• Grand Gearhead
  • if it's got two wheels i'm on it
Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 04:14:35 pm
you should see it up close.
killing bugs since 1972 2011 g5 deluxe frankenbullet

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 06:09:56 pm
They are replica parts manufacturers. They just happen to replicate enough parts to build an "original" bike. It's technically illegal for them to put the whole thing together and sell them as a new bike since they don't go though DOT and EPA.
This practice is very common in England where replica engines, such as Vincent, Matchless G50 and Norton Manx engines are available. All it takes is money!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #13 on: July 17, 2013, 08:19:48 pm
There are odd rules for building custom bikes.  Manufacturer, even small one who make a handful of vehicles, can't sell whole vehicles because they don't go through DOT/EPA and meet those standards.  But you can buy a chassis kit, and buy an engine and put them together yourself as a 'custom' build and the rules are more lenient.  Further, you can buy both of those things from the same place and pay them to assemble it for you.  So you write one check, never turn a wrench, and it's legit.  you're not really building it yourself and you're also not technically buying a complete vehicle so it's right on the edge of legal.

The rules are tighter on cars than bikes, and I think you're still supposed to meet your state emissions requirements for the year you build it but there are ways to get past that.  Also, I think Cali just put a law in place that you're only allowed to register one custom in your life.  Kind of putting a damper on small builders who build in their garage, ride a while, then sell and start over.

Now, if you happen to have the slightest scrap of a chassis from an old vehicle with the serial number intact, modify that chassis, put a motor in it, well...  I believe that if it's a pre-early 70's there were no emissions laws.  So if the chassis is from then, the vehicle is from then, and you don't need to meet any emissions rules.  The chassis mod can be replacing nearly all of it except the serial number stamped tube, so...

Scott
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 08:22:45 pm by Ducati Scotty »