Author Topic: Wierd Weak Electrical Condition  (Read 5629 times)

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: July 16, 2013, 03:14:31 pm
Glad it worked out Scottie. I always use the Podtronics regulator. To me they seem a little better. Appear to not be overly affected when something shorts out. I'm sure others have there own opinion. ERC   
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 03:23:20 pm
Glad it worked out Scottie. I always use the Podtronics regulator. To me they seem a little better. Appear to not be overly affected when something shorts out. I'm sure others have there own opinion. ERC   

If this one gives me any grief, I don't think I'll be getting a 3rd.  Roger at The Bonneville Shop was trying to talk me into the Tymtanium regulator when I went back for a 2nd Sparx.  Maybe I'll give that a try if I run into any trouble, but I shouldn't, everything is brand new in that department.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRIUMPH-BSA-NORTON-NEW-TYMPANIUM-REGULATOR-RECTIFIER-BEST-PRICE-PN-TBS-4034-/271238948783?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3f2719e7af

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: November 16, 2013, 03:38:04 pm
This damn bike!!!  Uggghhh!   >:(   I went out for a ride last night and the son-of-bitch electrical system isn't charging again and I barely made it home with the lights turned off.  Which completely sucked.  I have a feeling that these Sparx rectifiers are junk, this is the 2nd one that failed on me.  I think I may try out the Tympanium one or that Podtronics one.  Any feedback on which one is more reliable/better for a 12V + ground system?

Scottie

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: November 16, 2013, 06:51:48 pm
I've got Podtronics  on all of mine. Haven't had a problem yet.   ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: November 17, 2013, 04:50:22 am
I went out and started testing everything this morning.  The Sparx appeared to be testing good, but I'm not 100% sure.  Started to test the leads on the alternator and nothing.  Did a continuity test between the leads and nothing.  Opened up the primary and found the alternator completely cooked.  I guess I must not have aligned it as good as I thought I did when I put it back together when I was playing with the clutch a little while back.  I also found the primary chain was loose so I adjusted that and then gave the clutch plates a good spray down with brake cleaner because it was slipping again.  Left the alternator out and put it back together for now so I can at least put around town if I want until I can get another alternator and new clutch set.

Then I got a hair up my ass trying to find my 13mm ratchet wrench and ended up cleaning my entire garage.  It looks good now, but I never did find my wrench.    ???    Tho I did find a bag with a bud of MMJ cleaning of my table.  LOL     ;D

Scottie

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 01:46:09 pm
Didn't sew the wrench up inside the patient one hopes! ;D ;D ;D.
Roverman.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 02:52:24 pm
ScottieJ:  To bad it burnt up on ya...Notice in your pic its definitely fried at the cable entry and some cracks though it where it must had been offcenter just enough...You would think that the 5 hole setup would suffice to keep the spacing adequate ( Is the rotor bent or misaligned) ..I know that the fellows recommend using a plastic soda bottle or something similar  as a big plastic feller gauge when setting up the alt/rotor alignment...GM
Oh Magoo you done it again