Author Topic: Long pipes save lives??  (Read 15450 times)

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 01:25:21 am
If you think this is too much you should check out the rims they put on the Jeeps over there.

jmalona

• Scooter
Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 02:20:06 am
I don't think I'd want to tail gait that guy though.

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #17 on: July 18, 2013, 02:34:34 am
If you think this is too much you should check out the rims they put on the Jeeps over there.

True story. The youth in that state really do love their Bullets, 'landi' Jeeps, tractors and SUVs. It is more like a 'status symbol'. Those alloy wheels on the Bullets are considered to be the norm, despite some of the riders knowing they are vintage machines. Here are a following few pictures that depict the love (proudness  :-\) of Bullets, Jeeps, tractors and SUVs in the state of Punjab. This is how it is back there. However, of course, there is the other side to the coin where these machines are kept for what they really are and are truly appreciated.

In the above picture, it says 'shounk ne punjabian de - Ford, Bullet, zeep (sic), safari, rafal dunali'..which basically translates to - "Hobbies/liking of Punjabis - Ford tractor, Enfield Bullet, Jeep, Safari SUV and double barrel rifle''
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 02:39:23 am by JVS »
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

GSS

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 03:08:59 am
JVS,
You did have to go throw in Jeep pics to rouse all the Punjabis we have on this Bullet forum :D

You do have to admit that there are a lot of similarities between real Jeepers and Bulleteers!  Definitely the most helpful bunch with lots in common worldwide.

None of the hardcore Bulleteers that I know would ever put alloy wheels on a Bullet. Similarly, some of these beautiful old MBs need to get the ugly chrome and fat tires stripped off to restore their army heritage and coolness.

GSS
2022 Continental GT 650 Dux Deluxe
2019 Himalayan Snow
2019 Interceptor 650 - Chrome...off the first boat!
Previous REs:
2021 Meteor 350 Supernova Blue
2014 Continental GT 535 - Red...lowest VIN off the first boat!
2010 Classic 500 - Teal Chrome

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 03:24:13 am
JVS,
You did have to go throw in Jeep pics to rouse all the Punjabis we have on this Bullet forum :D

You do have to admit that there are a lot of similarities between real Jeepers and Bulleteers!  Definitely the most helpful bunch with lots in common worldwide.

None of the hardcore Bulleteers that I know would ever put alloy wheels on a Bullet. Similarly, some of these beautiful old MBs need to get the ugly chrome and fat tires stripped off to restore their army heritage and coolness.

GSS

GSS ji,

I agree 110% with your viewpoint. I'll admit, my dad had a 350 Bullet and one of the army Jeeps, however he kept them original. (This was back in the mid 80s to early 90s). I was too small to remember them in flesh, however we have the priceless family photographs which depict the Bullet and the Jeep  ;D  :D
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies