Author Topic: Kevlar Jeans Anyone ?  (Read 7167 times)

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 05:47:29 pm
 :D Upper 20s definitely constitutes a heatwave by UK standards  8)
We've all gone sun crazy - we didn't have a summer at all last year. Well - a couple of days here & there, but mostly the rain was just a bit warmer for a few weeks.... :(
But yeah, it's so good to get on the bike without piling on all the gear. Even the nights have been warm and I chanced a quick thrash without the helmet the other evening, just a few miles up the road & back. Haven't done that since about 1970!  Wonderful feeling   ;D 8)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 05:49:40 pm by WillW »
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 05:51:01 pm
I will deny that if any UK rozzers are reading this..... ;)
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 06:33:47 pm
I just ordered the Hoods with armor. They just look like they are superior in all respects to the American versions. And when they drop that VAT off there's only $15 or $20 difference in then over Draggin Jeans. Besides they list the shortest leg length of any of them which has been my biggest concern. Most American ones I've tried on end up with the armor down the middle of my shin! Cutting off the cuff isn't the answer.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 06:41:17 pm
  I chanced a quick thrash without the helmet the other evening, just a few miles up the road & back. Haven't done that since about 1970!  Wonderful feeling   ;D 8)
Yep, feels intoxicating. I purchased an old skool 3/4 metal flake color helmet ( Taiwan made,..ebay) for those "hot days". Usually wear a full face with screen, cause its so wet and cold here. No helmet or headlight on law here. 
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013, 07:41:37 am
Has anyone tried Kevlar lined jeans sold as 'Draggin Jeans' by Fast Company of NC (US).

This guy did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUKzAORD35I
No matter where you go, there, you are.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: July 13, 2013, 03:03:30 pm
Yep, feels intoxicating. I purchased an old skool 3/4 metal flake color helmet ( Taiwan made,..ebay) for those "hot days". Usually wear a full face with screen, cause its so wet and cold here. No helmet or headlight on law here. 

I broke down and bought a Skid Lid original half helmet last month.  It's been so hot here I had sweat running into my eyes with my full face and I don't like NOT wearing a helmet.  Since I bought it, I almost never leave home without it.  It's light and comfortable and leaves my face open for the wind.  I got a great price on it too!

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: July 14, 2013, 02:39:33 am
There is only one "Original" half helmet, or porridge pot, or pudding bowl!. they are made by Davida. True-to-the-original 40s and 50s stuff down to the cork liner! No new fangled material, nothing. Just the real deal! Nothing else need apply.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: July 18, 2013, 06:24:56 pm
I got my Hood Jeans a couple of days ago, 5 days from ordering to receipt! They are very heavy material! They even fit my squatty body. They offer the shortest leg length available from any of the motorcycle Jeans makers.
Anyway, very happy with them. $190 with armor and shipping.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: July 18, 2013, 07:33:21 pm
I got my Hood Jeans a couple of days ago, 5 days from ordering to receipt! They are very heavy material! They even fit my squatty body. They offer the shortest leg length available from any of the motorcycle Jeans makers.
Bare

Bare
Did you order the same size (waist and inseam) as your other non-riding (casual wear) denims.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: July 18, 2013, 10:54:59 pm
I ordered them a bit shorter than the store bought ones because you can't find them that short at the stores. But the waist is what I usually wear and these fit just comfortably loose. A little room to grow. Not that I want to! A size up or down wouldn't have been good!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: July 20, 2013, 02:03:43 am
The jeans went on a 175 mile ride today, some of it over 100o temps. They were probably a bit warmer that my normal garb, but they were pretty much not regarded on the ride. They were great in their anonomity! The afternoon heat still sucks, though!
In fact, the whole ride wasn't too great as most of it was battling cages on freeways. I went to Malibu for a Guzzi lunch at the Rock store. Once I get into the mountains over there the ride was fun. Three other Guzziists showed and we had a nice visit. A guy from Motociclismo, an Italian motorcycle magazine was there taking pictures and doing an article for the magazine about Guzzis. So we all had our pictures taken with the Guzzis for an article in the September issue!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: July 31, 2013, 05:36:10 am
Bare

Glad to hear that you like Hood jeans and they are worth the money.  It will last several years.

On a side note - finished the video on this topic if anyone is interested. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fZrCa2O4No

1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5