Author Topic: Built Like a Gun  (Read 2077 times)

patndhat

• Scooter
on: July 07, 2013, 09:19:31 pm
We had a medical emergency with one of my two nieces visiting from VA. She's in school in San Francisco, and I'm here in Berkeley/Oakland. BART on strike. Roads were a nightmare last week, and hospitals/pharmacies/med. insurance folks are all part of the dark side.

I did the Bay Bridge in the worst possible traffic 6 times in 15 hrs. on the 5th of July. Just to get my niece the meds she needed. She's all good.

One of my three jobs is cooking pizza at a shop called "Lane Splitter". We have a pie called the "Chicane". (Look it up)

Elizabeth is the name I gave to my little Enfield. After my youngest.

Elizabeth came through like a champ.

We split lanes together all day.

Not a hiccup.

Never listen if anybody with a hog laughs at your little scooter. Smile to yourself instead and get on.

She'll go off like a gun.

Elizabeth got an oil change, wash, wax, and chrome polish today. Always keep your gun cleaned and oiled; she'll never mis-fire if you do.

patndhat

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 01:13:36 am
YAY!  Glad your niece is OK and you could help. And that you know RE's can be reliable if they have a good owner.  Like a pit bull.  It's all in how you raise it. ;D

'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 - C5 Classic Black
Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 04:59:30 pm
YAY!  Glad your niece is OK and you could help. And that you know RE's can be reliable if they have a good owner.  Like a pit bull.  It's all in how you raise it. ;D
+1
The strike on BART was indeed bad timing, glad Elizabeth came through with shining colors for you.  :)
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 06:50:51 pm
I'm sure Royal Enfield adopted the "Made Like A Gun" Moto, as a subtle understated British reminder to give it the best care, & not leave it out in the weather, to keep it dry as possible, & well oiled.  Malfunctioning Bikes or Guns can be a deadly nuisance.
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 07:07:40 pm
The BART was on strike?  That must have sucked for everyone.

Glad the Bullet pulled through with shining colors.    :D

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 07:20:24 pm
I'm sure Royal Enfield adopted the "Made Like A Gun" Motto, as a subtle understated British reminder to give it the best care, & not leave it out in the weather, to keep it dry as possible, & well oiled.  Malfunctioning Bikes or Guns can be a deadly nuisance.

I'd go for "Tough, Strong, Well Fitted, Dependable, and Pretty when polished and cared for.  Like what the Army uses to secure the Empire."
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH