Author Topic: WTF Hitchcock's?  (Read 11112 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 04:35:11 pm
That's illogical.

LOL  Thanks for lightening the mood.    ;)

I woke up at 3am to call Hitchcocks and see what the deal was.  The guy I spoke with apologized for the original confusion and the delay on getting things shipped out which I appreciated.  Hr then went on to say that the seal was shipped out via Royal Airmail on Wednesday and that I should have it Monday or Tuesday.  He also said the reason they shipped without tracking is because it would have cost 20 pounds and probably wouldn't have shown up much quicker.  I hope he's right.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: June 29, 2013, 05:03:34 pm
I do feel your pain.  Aside from any problems that Hitchcock's gave you, stuff from UK always seems to take forever.  It's not just Hitchcock's, Price Parts gives me great service but stuff just seems to sit in the Twilight Zone between UK and US.  Packages often look like they were used for soccer balls too!  I get MC parts from Taiwan, India, and Austria in better shape and half the time.
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #17 on: June 30, 2013, 08:40:04 am
That is very weird because Hitchcocks have always been very efficient and many other members can confirm the same. Especially US members who have received their orders within 4-5 days. I'm in Australia and I buy everything from Hitchocks. The orders have never been delayed or taken excessive time to arrive. Even the standard packages have arrived within 4-10 business days. The orders have always been very well and safely packed. There was a thread in the UCE section where other members have talked about Hitchcock's service and the general consensus was very very positive.

It's just been one of those 'off' experiences with you Scottie. I know how it feels when the order you want the most does not arrive within time or perhaps in the proper state you wanted. Either way! I would still suggest to you that Hitchcocks are good and are very helpful. Sometimes parts can get mixed up etc.
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: July 01, 2013, 01:22:43 am
JVS,
I wasn't implying the slow delivery and roughed up packages are Hitchcock's fault.  It is everything I've ordered from UK and may be after it arrives in the States.  Perhaps a regional USPS problem.  :o
1975 XLCH

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: July 01, 2013, 02:00:44 am
Well, here's to hoping my seal will be in the mailbox tomorrow.   8)

Scottie

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: July 03, 2013, 02:07:22 am
IRRITATED

When I called Hitchcock's at 3 in the morning the other night the guy told me "It should be there Monday morning.  Tuesday at the latest."  WELL, it's still not here.  I'm so mad at myself for not ordering both seals with the first order.  I thought I did, I somehow missed it.  And of course the ONE PART I MISS is the one I need.  It's been 2 week today that I've been without wheels and it effing sucks. 

At least I got the front wheel and new grips installed today.   :)

Keep Your Fingers Crossed For Me, I REALLY hope the seal will be here tomorrow.

Scottie

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: July 03, 2013, 02:03:24 pm
Asterix in Britain. In one part of the comic the Gauls go over to Britain to fought the Brits but had trouble as the Brits kept stopping for tea breaks....zzz
It def sux gonads when it's your primary transport. It hurts actually.financially and spiritually.
Soon Scottie , you'll be back up and running.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: July 03, 2013, 08:51:07 pm
I've always gotten my Hitchcock order in short order. Never a complaint from me. They come a lot faster than NFGs! Gotta be the particular carrier.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: July 03, 2013, 11:09:12 pm
They must like you better than me Bare, because it's still not here today.  Damn It!  Now my 4th of July is wrecked.   :'(

Scottie

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: July 06, 2013, 02:15:38 am
FINALLY got my crank seal today.  Hopefully I can get it all thrown back together tomorrow.

Scottie

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: July 06, 2013, 02:50:36 am
Good luck and smooth sailing.  Everyone here is feeling your frustration, but not in a Clinton kind of way.
1975 XLCH

fxrskrsa

• Scooter
  • Yes, shrubberies are my trade. I am a shrubber.
Reply #26 on: July 09, 2013, 11:08:05 am
Glad it all came to a happy ending :)
Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history.

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: July 15, 2013, 07:20:37 pm
Someone at Hitchcock's must be reading this 'cause it took one week to the day for an order of Dowty washers from order to delivery.  Granted, it's only washers, but they have to be picked, packaged, and mailed the same as any seal or gasket.
Or maybe they don't like tattoos?  Next time you order wear long sleeves!  :P
1975 XLCH

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #28 on: July 15, 2013, 08:58:52 pm
Someone at Hitchcock's must be reading this 'cause it took one week to the day for an order of Dowty washers from order to delivery.  Granted, it's only washers, but they have to be picked, packaged, and mailed the same as any seal or gasket.
Or maybe they don't like tattoos?  Next time you order wear long sleeves!  :P

People are always racist about my skull tattoos.  Maybe if they see these pics they'll be nicer to me next time.

From my amateur and professional fighting days

Or when I was in my Death Grind band Fogcrawler

Or my first metal band (yes, that's REAL blood from self inflicted wounds.  I was a crazy SOB)

And Johnny has something to say too.

Scottie

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #29 on: July 16, 2013, 12:10:19 am
Hey!  I was just joking.  I don't have any, but my nephews are all covered and my nieces have girly butterflies and tramp stamps.
1975 XLCH