Author Topic: Saddle bags  (Read 1008 times)

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
on: June 22, 2013, 06:04:58 pm
 After three years of use I am comfortable mentioning the wet weather "saddle  bags" that keep my work clothes dry. Swiss M90 rubberized rucksack.

Another bunch of them have shown up on the open market so I am told so they should be easily gotten from a number of vendors.

The main compartment is the same size and shape as the "ammo can" style panniers used on the factory military bullets.

One of my pair seeped in some wetness at a upper seam ( :P ) the fix was to turn the both of them inside out and hit all the stitching with tent seam sealer goop. No soggy work pants since.

I thought about trimming the side pockets off but decided against it because they fit my generic thermos, water bottle and travel tumbler quite neatly.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 06:07:54 pm by Ice »
No matter where you go, there, you are.

mplayle

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 09:35:31 pm
What are the dimensions?  My C5 & sidecar rig has the D&D up-swept exhaust.  IF I can make them fit without being too close to the pipe, I may try to find a pair.  I have a rear luggage rack installed to raise the mounting point for clearance.  Just need the dimensions to be sure.  I also plan on fabricating a couple of flat braces to keep them out of the rear wheel.  I've been researching options and kind of like the looks of what you are using.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 05:46:30 am
 The main compartment measures 17 1/2" wide by 14" high and 5" front to back. The two side pockets are about 2" by 4" by 8 1/2" tall.

I don't recall the brand of seam sealer I used but it was something like $3 for a tube.

I use them both individualy and also as a pair of throw overs.

mplayle

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 04:28:19 pm
I'll have to measure if the 14" high dimension will fit for how I intend to mount them.  I figure something "throw-over" style across the rear rack will lift enough to solve concerns about being too close to the up-swept exhaust.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 11:04:25 pm
BTW none are my pics but heres a view of the back side.