Author Topic: Road trip!  (Read 3314 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 01:59:25 pm
Mike - I'd love to take you up on that offer.  My crank seal should be in the mail today and then I can start putting the 2 boxes of parts on the bike.  After that I just need to get my saddle bags installed and I should be totally ready to head out for the Western Slope.  I've done a lot of riding with my Suzuki on the Eastern Slope, but I have yet to bike past the Continental Divide.  So I'm actually really excited to travel out to your neck of the woods.  What town do you live in again?  Maybe I can start mapping out a route in the evenings.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 05:49:59 pm
Looks like a great time was had by all! Wish I coulda been there!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

herrbongo

• Scooter
Reply #17 on: July 03, 2013, 03:10:23 am
Here's a pic of the bike all loaded down prior to departure...
1955 Indian Fire Arrow
Yamaha RD350
DL650
KDX200
Vespa 50 Special
Air-cooled VWs

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: July 03, 2013, 04:26:45 am
I had to watch the video again.  I keep thinking about the road trip I'm trying to plan right now and had to watch all the fun you guys had again.    :)  BTW   Great save at 2:34!  I thought you were going in the weeds for sure but you saved her.  Well done.  You know, that video really reminds of when I lived in northern Wisconsin (backwoods of Eau Claire to be exact) like 15 years ago.  My friends and I, being farm kids right out of high school, would go raise hell in the back country on our 4 wheelers and dirt bikes.  The roads we road on were much like the ones you traveled, all dirt surrounded by trees and corn fields, seeming like they have no specific destination.  We never really traveled too far out tho, as we learned the limitations of our gas tanks, but that's a different story.

Scottie

herrbongo

• Scooter
Reply #19 on: July 03, 2013, 04:52:31 am
That was my friend on the BSA that went off the road.  We were going a bit fast into what should have been a 15 mph turn.  I saw him straighten up and go directly to the ditch.  I thought there would be a trip to the hospital, then see him merrily driving along dragging weeds behind.  That bike is a hard tail, so it must have been quite rough.
1955 Indian Fire Arrow
Yamaha RD350
DL650
KDX200
Vespa 50 Special
Air-cooled VWs

herrbongo

• Scooter
Reply #20 on: July 03, 2013, 02:31:42 pm
Scottie, have you seen "Cycle South"?  It's a movie from the late 60's where a bunch of guys take bikes from Denver Colorado to the Panama Canal.  It's good entertainment, kind of hokey humor like "On Any Sunday".  There are good mountain riding scenes in Colorado.  I think Netflix has (had?) it.

I rode the RD350 today, and after 900 miles on the enfield, it was a shocker.  It felt like... you ever seen those light-bikes in the movie TRON?
1955 Indian Fire Arrow
Yamaha RD350
DL650
KDX200
Vespa 50 Special
Air-cooled VWs

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: July 03, 2013, 03:00:30 pm
No I haven't, I'll have to check that out.

Scottie

noisymilk

• Bulleteer
  • Run what ya brung....
Reply #22 on: July 05, 2013, 08:08:57 pm
Br Herrbongo!

What a great looking trip. Love seeing all those old bikes out doing gravel and traveling like I love to, and want to do more. Gives me faith that my beloved bastardized military can be the ride I'm hoping it will be.

Please do post more vids as they get edited. I second everyone who says how much they love seeing this sort of thing. It's inspiring and inspired.

Be safe.
-Milk

2003 Royal Enfield Military
2009 Genuine Blackjack - MrsMilk's ride

I'm trying to make my Enfield an adventure machine:
http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,12951.0.html

Ever want to ride a scooter to Canada??
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=690259