Author Topic: Windy Bridges... Your experiences?  (Read 3425 times)

no bs

• Grand Gearhead
  • if it's got two wheels i'm on it
Reply #15 on: June 17, 2013, 07:05:07 pm
i also discovered the technique at an early age. i call it "outrigging". works in most stiff crosswinds.
killing bugs since 1972 2011 g5 deluxe frankenbullet

jartist

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: June 18, 2013, 07:09:03 am
I've got to try it now!

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #17 on: June 18, 2013, 07:42:05 am
i don't have a problem with bridges so far but about two months ago i was blown off the road and onto the footpath by the angryst wind i've ever felt. it was like a mini cyclone roaring through the city,people were clutching poles, umbrellas and street signs went flying several innocents were killed on the other side of the city were killed by a brick wall that was blown down. i can tell you honestly my knees were flapping but it didn't help.!
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: June 19, 2013, 04:37:33 pm
i don't have a problem with bridges so far but about two months ago i was blown off the road and onto the footpath by the angryst wind i've ever felt. it was like a mini cyclone roaring through the city,people were clutching poles, umbrellas and street signs went flying several innocents were killed on the other side of the city were killed by a brick wall that was blown down. i can tell you honestly my knees were flapping but it didn't help.!

I'm pretty sure the proper technique for that situation is to seek shelter and duck and cover!   LOL   ;)

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King