Author Topic: FAG Bearings for AVL500  (Read 4312 times)

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
on: June 16, 2013, 08:35:50 pm
Hello Everyone :)

Well, recently I tried getting better bearings for my bike and as usual, the cheap ones are the only ones available here and the next best option for me was the FAG X-Life bearings. I see a lot of Iron barrel users going for these but not sure if they'll work on AVL motor (Not sure about the specs). So.. can anyone share some information on this?

I think these are the ones that works on Iron Barrel engines -

1) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007MF70BS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

2) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00631C6JI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Regards,
Sanket

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 08:53:49 pm
Those will work, and are excellent bearings.
But the price is much higher than I normally sell them for.
Maybe if they will pay free shipping to India, it might be a good deal.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 09:07:24 pm
Yea pretty expensive, these are rare and tough to source so I thought why not go for something which will make the ride reliable first, then go for performance mods, maybe. So then I will give them a try, I was not sure if the AVLs and Iron barrels had the same type/spec bearings.

Thanks a ton for the information Tom!

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 10:39:21 pm
Showing my ignorance, these engines use two different size roller bearings?

I could understand if it used one roller bearing and one ball bearing or the two different roller bearings were on the output side of the crank and a ball bearing was on the timing side.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 03:10:18 am
Showing my ignorance, these engines use two different size roller bearings?

I could understand if it used one roller bearing and one ball bearing or the two different roller bearings were on the output side of the crank and a ball bearing was on the timing side.
Yes, they use 2 different outside diameter bearings as main bearings. The timing side is the smaller bearing. They are both rollers.
The drive side output shaft bearing on the crank is a large ball bearing.
3 bearings on the crank, plus the big end con-rod bearing.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 05:24:28 am
Thanks. :)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Yamunotri

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 05:26:17 am
Hi, About half a year ago at 23000 miles, I replaced the main bearings in my AVL for these FAG X-life ones. I remember seeing 'made in India' etched or printed on the side of these bearings, so I should hope they are available there as well.

Yamunotri

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 05:34:02 am
Actually you can see 'India' printed on the side on the Amazon picture you posted. These are far too expensive by the way. I bought my X-life for a fraction of the cost in the UK.

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 05:59:07 am
Actually you can see 'India' printed on the side on the Amazon picture you posted. These are far too expensive by the way. I bought my X-life for a fraction of the cost in the UK.

Bullz Eye! :P

Well, yea things changed when I saw that printed. I am trying to get the same ones for a lot cheaper price. Hope it works out!

Yamunotri - Can you please share the bearing specs and details? The ones you used. Part numbers would help a lot.

Regards,
Sanket

Yamunotri

• Scooter
Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 07:08:46 am
Hi Sanket. I have long since thrown the boxes the bearings came in away, but that doesn't really matter, because the bearing numbers, which are the same as the spare part numbers, is all you really need to track them down. The FAG x-life I bought are 'NU205R' and 'NU305', the third bearing on the drive side is a ball bearing called '6305', and was by another manufacturer I have forgotten.

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 07:15:33 am
So you mean to say that the stock OEM bearings of AVL has the same part number as the FAG X-Life ones?

Regards,
Sanket

Yamunotri

• Scooter
Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 07:19:58 am
Yes!

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 07:22:26 am
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

rocksinpockets

• Scooter
Reply #13 on: October 05, 2014, 02:41:26 am
I'm not sure where you are, but I just bought a 2011 new old stock electra.  If you know of a bearing distributor near you, for instance, Motion Industries in the US, they can get them for you from CoLinx.  The website is PTplace.com.  I happen to work there in the Schaeffler (FAG) department.  We do make export shipments every day.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.      Hunter Thompson