Author Topic: Horn hanging by thread  (Read 1068 times)

Chasfield

• Grand Gearhead
on: June 15, 2013, 01:27:46 pm
I noticed that my horn was hanging by its wires (which is better than just finding the wires!). I had read that the horn bracket was prone to fracture and sure enough mine had split across the mounting hole. This is very easy to fix. All I did was cut away more of the bracket before its final bend to leave a flat plate instead of the stock ninety degree arrangement that it started out with. I then drilled the shortened bracket to fit the engine plate stud that originally located the horn.

Of course the horn now rides side saddle instead of facing front but I reckon this is better for aerodynamics.
2001 500 Bullet Deluxe

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 02:18:21 pm
Definitely better for everything.
Reliability of mounting and function,  and probably better aerodynamics and better cooling to the engine too.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 09:38:18 pm
I too suffered the dreaded horn dangling disease. I had a Range Rover horn and bracket laying around, chop,chop on the bracket and it looks like it was made to fit there!

curtisbelford

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 06:22:42 am
The way I figure it, With my exhaust pipe. They would hear that befour they hear the horn. LOL  ;D

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 07:58:31 am
They'll only hear your exhaust note when they're in a position to be of little threat to you.