Author Topic: GHG and ScooterBob Cafe Racer  (Read 5928 times)

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 - C5 Classic Black
Reply #30 on: June 19, 2013, 11:29:37 pm
Thanks guys - and THANKS Gashouse Gorilla for having faith in those wildly modified parts for the bike! The article was great - but skipped over the blood, sweat and tears that went into that bike - but the learning curve was outstanding! Gorilla's body, paint and fabrication are off the end of the chart for excellent - and I got to utilise a couple of years of experience in the engine machining biz as well as some old-fashioned tried and true racer-boy tricks. All said - I'm stunned at the result. The bike is WAY more than the sum total of its parts - it has SOUL! That machine is the difference between assembling a motorcycle - and BUILDING one .... with a #4 mill bastard file, a welder, a small lathe and a drill press (complete ScooterBob machine shop .... Hahaha!) It's amazing what a couple of Celtic boys can come up with in their spare time with a few junk parts .....  ;)
Great job Scooterbob and GHG, both you crazy Celtic guys made one helluva cafe racer...Congrats again for an awesome and spectacular job.
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #31 on: June 20, 2013, 04:24:01 am
SB definitely has a nice bunch of bikes!  I think some group encouragement is needed to see a ScooterBob Cafe Customs in sunny MN.  I would be first in line for a custom engine job.

Your right !!  Come on ScooterBob !   Build GSS a motor !  IT would only take ,like half a day to through that head on, stick in them Cams, plug everything in, dump in the Map.... and Your done!   And well.... you know. All that head welding, shaping and grinding , cam carving and such. Be a snap I tell ya !  He...he..he  ;)   Keep on him GSS !

Said it before and I'll say it again: One of the nicest Bullets on the planet. 

It's a BIG planet Boggy !!   :) ;)

Great job Scooterbob and GHG, both you crazy Celtic guys made one helluva cafe racer...Congrats again for an awesome and spectacular job.

Yeah  Bulletman... LOL!   ;)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 04:39:08 am by gashousegorilla »
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: June 20, 2013, 04:16:07 pm

So no, we did not wind up doubling stock HP.... we went from a Stock 18 or 19 HP, to 29.50 hp, and 31.70 ft pds. With stock displacement, head work, cams, etc. Inside the stock redline/ limiter.  The stock 23 HP they mention in the article ?!   Seems a bit optimistic to me..... unless they are talking about BHP, not rear wheel HP ?    But either way, no we did not double stock out put. 

Thats very impressive..You guys should be proud of yourself.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #33 on: June 22, 2013, 04:36:23 pm
Thats very impressive..You guys should be proud of yourself.

Thanks 1 Thump  :)
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.