Author Topic: "Bike Nites" in general....  (Read 11451 times)

rpnix

• Bulleteer
on: July 31, 2007, 04:33:19 pm
When approaching a restaurant, bar, club, etc... and suggesting to them to sponsor a "Bike Nite", what are the major benefits you can give to entice them into it? How do you go about selling the idea to their business?
Bob Nix -- '06 Ural Tourist, '07 Royal Enfield Electra  <-- Click on the bike to see photos!

dewjantim

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 10:02:45 pm
When approaching a restaurant, bar, club, etc... and suggesting to them to sponsor a "Bike Nite", what are the major benefits you can give to entice them into it? How do you go about selling the idea to their business?
Tell them that it will greatly increase business. If they dont believe you, suggest that they visit the ''bike night'' somewhere else to see how well it is doing. Dew.
If it hurts, you're not dead yet!!!!!

rpnix

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 01:57:55 pm
That's part of the point, though; The one I have "discovered" has been going on for about five years, and the number of people who show up has slowly dried up over the course of time.

When they started it, they'd get over 100 bikes. They were giving away Twins tickets, and spending close to $1,000 to advertise the events.

Last night, we had about 20 bikes. Advertising has become one side of their street sign, and the prises have gone down to t-shirts and hats. The owner said that he can't put into it what he did originally because not enough people show up to make it profitable for him.

So... What makes a good and successful Bike Nite? How does one go about advertising it, without a huge cost? And, if there aren't any currently around, how do you get the first vendor to do it? I have a "target" in mind: A brand new restaurant just opened, and I think it might be good for them and for the biking community as well. Just need a way to broach the idea to the owner...
Bob Nix -- '06 Ural Tourist, '07 Royal Enfield Electra  <-- Click on the bike to see photos!