Author Topic: New Owner C5 Classic  (Read 3281 times)

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 - C5 Classic Black
Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 11:28:14 pm
I'd considered a tank bag, but decided to go with the extra space offered by the saddlebags. I'd rather not apply tape to my mud guard since it's maroon so I'll look for some 1/4" high density foam padding for the underside of the bags' strap. If that proves to still be an issue I'll go with the RE bags and maybe a tank bag.

helo
That's exactly what I did Helo...both  my panniers are home made and come off if I don't need them and I'm loving the Nelson-Rigg magnetic tank bag which was suggested by Rich Mintz
 from this forum.
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #16 on: June 05, 2013, 05:46:26 am
I have access to plenty of various sizes of vinyl tubing to protect the stays and mudguard rail, and based on the attachment method the RE bags would seem the way to go, since there'd be no scratching of the top.
For those longer trips a tank bag is definitely workable, and NFG carries a Tank Rack in Black or Chrome that attaches via suction cups. Seems like a really viable solution since they're "easy on...easy off" depending on the type of ride.
Still, other projects are a priority so I have plenty of time to mull it over.  :)

helo
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 06:56:25 am
For those longer trips a tank bag is definitely workable, and NFG carries a Tank Rack in Black or Chrome that attaches via suction cups. Seems like a really viable solution since they're "easy on...easy off" depending on the type of ride.

don't waste your money - guess how i know

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 07:02:03 am
rack was on the black bike prior to selling it. looks good suction crap and fell off twice

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #19 on: June 07, 2013, 02:57:25 am
Well, that's good to know about the suction cups. Thanks!
Has anyone improved the mounting method to compensate?  ???
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.