Author Topic: B Model on it's way!  (Read 1196 times)

doctor_leaky

• Scooter
on: May 31, 2013, 03:32:14 am
Bulliteers,

They picked-up by bike from Sarasota on the 28th, and the transport tracking system emailed and advised me it is now in Tampa.  Still a long way from Santa Clara California. No steel but I did receive two items in the mail. A nfieldgear catalog and an application from Classic Motorworks, LTD that asks me to rate my RE buying experience.  Since I got it from, basically, a wholesaler, I guess I will be acting as the dealer in terms of setting it up.  So I guess it really doesn't apply to me.
Of more interest, the B model is still on the original schedule to get here by 6/6/13.  So I will be gearing-up for the set-up weekend after next, and the all important appointment with the DMV Department of Motor Vehicles here in Santa Clara.  I do ask that you all say a prayer that I can get it licensed else it will only be a source of parts.
Thanks for all your information on helping me get her ready to ride!
I hope to post some pictures of the set-up and any irregularities that I am likely to find!
Cheers

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 04:17:14 am
best of luck...and great riding

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 11:02:45 am
Curious to know about how you bought it wholesale and not from a dealer.  But maybe that remains unsaid?  Anyway...

I don't know anything about emissions and licensing in CA other than what I've read here, but... is it a California model?  If not, you may need that good luck.

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 - C5 Classic Black
Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 02:49:01 pm
Hi Dr. Leaky. I'm sure you will do fine with the bike, the forum members are great and as Mattsz says, I'm hoping its a California model, due to the heavy restrictions we have here in CA. Welcome and it's good to have a RE rider so close by..in Santa Clara.
Cheers.
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011