Author Topic: Fury  (Read 2400 times)

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
on: July 25, 2017, 01:53:45 am
Spotted this very nicely restored original Fury on Carl Best's RE Redditch Facebook group, up for sale soon if I read the caption correctly.

Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 07:41:29 am
Corking corker !
Drool worthy, but if I bought it, it would be too precious and not get used in the spirit it should be. It would be interesting to know the price though.
I was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid.

Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

grumbern

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 08:34:35 am
Very nice bike indeed, unfortunately with that eye-melting aftermarket seat :'(
But that should easily be changed 8)

Bullet Whisperer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 10:23:56 am
Very nice bike indeed, unfortunately with that eye-melting aftermarket seat :'(
But that should easily be changed 8)
Eye melting or not, I think it is correct  ;)
 B.W.

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 10:36:05 am
This may help.
I was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid.

Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

grumbern

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 11:08:39 am
@BW: It's an after market seat. These are slightly different from the original (as seen in the chart malky posted), but enough in my opinion, to change it from beautiful to ugly. It's only a detail though and as I said, easy to change (if you have an original seat ::) ).
Andreas

P.S.: I'd take it nevertheless ;D

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 12:08:38 pm
The aftermarket/pattern Redditch dual seats are not very good in some respects, unfortuately.

All the examples I have had from Hitchcocks' sit too low at the front  if you use Hitchcocks' front brackets without a 1" spacer between the bracket and the seat base each side, which is what has happened with the Fury in B.W.'s photo. Either the brackets are wrong or more likely the seat manufacturer has made the base's sides too deep. It also means the back of the seat points too high unless you are inclined (no pun intended) to lower the rear bracket.

The second glaring problem is that the seat in the first two pictures is just too long at the back by about two or three inches, hence the ugly overhang.

A quick look at the originals in Malky's post confirms that they were both shallower and shorter at the back.

I think the bike in question is presently on the wrong side of the Atlantic for us foreign guests, but I hope it eventually goes to someone on this forum.

A.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 12:13:13 pm by Adrian II »
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...