Menu

Members Rides

My "new" RE

in
Members Rides

NField Gear

42 Guests, 3 Users
heloego, REpozer, L4V
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2016, 09:23:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Product Announcement: Stage 2 EFI Bullet Performance Kit  (Read 231 times)

Forum Wizard

• Administrator
  • Neophyte
New Product Announcement: Stage 2 EFI Bullet Performance Kit
« on: April 22, 2016, 12:21:19 pm »
Stage 2 EFI Bullet Performance Kit: $749.95
We've assembled our best performance upgrades for the ECU Bullet to give you maximum performance.

Z91854   Power Commander V-Mapped for 500cc Bullet w/K&N and Barn Burner Exhaust System
Z91897B High Performance 535cc Big Bore Kit
Z92205   Barn Burner Exhaust System
Z90061   K&N EFI Bullet
Z91827   O2 Sensor Blanking Plug

We have Dyno tested the stock EFI Bullet 500 before and after upgrading to the Stage 2 Performance Kit and documented a 20% increase in performance.

If you already have the Stage 1 EFI Bullet Performance Kit and are still looking for an edge, you can purchase the High Performance 535cc Big Bore Kit as a stand-alone.

Note: This product is intended to be used only on racing vehicles on closed courses, and not for use on roads or vehicles otherwise subject to emissions control requirements. In California, this product should not be used on any vehicle that is registered or licensed for use on public roads.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Re: New Product Announcement: Stage 2 EFI Bullet Performance Kit
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 08:41:09 pm »
Hello Forum Wizard and welcome !

I can break it better,,,,at night, in the rain, on the trail,, 20 miles from nowhere.

REA #136

"TIMEX", the '06 Iron Barrel Military that takes me everywhere I want to go... and some places I shouldn't.

Forum Wizard

• Administrator
  • Neophyte
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 09:19:27 am »
Thanks Ice!  :)

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 10:30:25 pm »
Stage 2 EFI Bullet Performance Kit: $749.95
We have Dyno tested the stock EFI Bullet 500 before and after upgrading to the Stage 2 Performance Kit and documented a 20% increase in performance.

Looking at the dyno graph of the stage-2-kit, the torque increased by about 35% and HP by 20% at their respective maximum heights.

But I am little confused as to why the stage2-kit-curves are shorter on the x-axis as compared to stock engine curves. X-axis represents engine rpms. The stage2-curves do not reach the engine cut off rpms.

If the engine rpms are reduced with stage-2-kit, the maximum speed of bike will also be reduced, isn't it  ??? From the graph, my guess is that RPMs are reduced by about 800 rpms, that will limit the maximum bike speed to about 70 mph with the stage-2-kit. What am I missing ?

My question is - is that the actual graph from dyno ?

Did someone just drew graphic representation of curves based on information from dyno ? It does not show actual RPM scale or units of torque on the x and y axis, respectively either ?

I would like to know actual values of HP and torque with their units in the description and the engine rpms at which the gain was measured - e.g., the torque increased from 23 ft-lbs to 27.6 ft-lbs at 3600 rpm, showing a gain of 20% ......... Mr. Forum Wizard can you give me more specific information, full dyno graphs labeled with units - THANKS A LOT.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 10:34:06 pm by singhg5 »
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 10:57:32 pm »
Maybe they cut off the test at the lower RPM because that's when the connecting rod went thru the crankcase?
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

oTTo

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 04:24:58 am »
Most likely the power decreses faster after the peak. I would guesstimate that at max rpm it's about the same as stock or slightly lower. The intake side may not generate enough flow to take advantage of those rpms as has been mentioned in the UCE forum too.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 09:05:58 am by oTTo »

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 04:53:53 am »
Maybe they cut off the test at the lower RPM because that's when the connecting rod went thru the crankcase?
That's cruel.

I would imagine that you would get the benefit of more speed by having the ability to go up a tooth or two on the final drive with the increase in power/torque.
Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
Twitter Wombat Delux.

Narada

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 11:52:28 am »
Isn't the limiting factor fuel flow?  Could this not be resolved by either improving flow on the stock head, or purchasing a custom head that flows better, thus providing more fuel?

The other factor I'm picking up on is the greater reciprocating mass of the stock UCE crank. 

With that you can't have a quick snappy spin off the line but once rpm are acchieved, it behaves like a flywheel and makes torque, or something like it.

You also have a lower red line with a heavier crank, due to cetrifigal force and main bearing journal design.

I have noticed that the increase to 535cc is disregarded by many, as if it doesn't provide any real benefit.  Is this right? Why isn't everyone converting their engine to 535cc?

BTW, why dId RE make the  535 crank lighter but not the 500 crank?

These questions may be taken as retorical since I have digressed from the how and why of the stage-2 kit, and gone more into how to build UCE engine.  Perhaps some of them should be addressed on a different thread?
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon, Premium EFI silencer, K&N air filter, Power Commander-V.

MeVoCGT

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2016, 12:28:54 pm »
This conversation was going on in a different thread,
https://forum.classicmotorworks.com/index.php/topic,23630.msg270698.html#msg270698

There were some good explanations for what was going on.

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 11:26:26 am »
The crank was lightened in the 535 in an attempt to allow it to spin up quicker to make it seem faster, IMHO it was a mistake because it added vibration .
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
President
Classic Motorworks
www.classicmotorworks.com
www.cyclesidecars.com