Author Topic: How to "Set Up" and new Bullet  (Read 5564 times)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #15 on: June 01, 2013, 04:30:35 pm
It sounds like its arriving in the crate.  You'll need to open the crate, unbolt it from the bottom, and install the front wheel.  Its best to have someone help you until the front wheel is on. Remove the brackets that held it in the crate. If its a C5 or B5 make sure the fork tube covers and fender are aligned or you will scratch paint.  I think you need to prep the battery by adding the liquid and putting it on a charger.  Inflate the tires, connect the speedo cable, check the oil level, and install the battery.  Check the chain tension.  Adjust the rear brake and make sure the front brake has fluid and grabs. 

Then move on to making sure everything is tight and generally checking things over.  That's all I remember from the last time I uncreated one.  Hope it helps.

Scott

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 - C5 Classic Black
Reply #16 on: June 01, 2013, 04:56:11 pm
Before you put on the front tire...make sure you change out the fork oil...below is a link which is well documented and written by "Ducati Scottie" for an excellent way to do so..only "IF YOUR BIKE IS A C5"
http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,10813.0.html
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #17 on: June 01, 2013, 06:13:34 pm
I set mine up out of the crate. It was the only way I could affordably get my new RE  to a remote area.
You can put the front wheel on by yourself by using a floor jack at the front engine mount.
Go slow, relax, and be careful with all the bolts and fasteners, they are made of soft steel or aluminum. 
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #18 on: June 01, 2013, 07:19:47 pm
Before you put on the front tire...make sure you change out the fork oil...below is a link which is well documented and written by "Ducati Scottie" for an excellent way to do so..only "IF YOUR BIKE IS A C5"
http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,10813.0.html

The B5 models have the same front fork arrangement.  It's only the G5 that doesn't require the whole front end to be dismantled just to change the fork oil...  >:(