Author Topic: Little lights over the headlight....  (Read 4558 times)

Joel-in-dallas

• Grease Monkey
Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 05:49:32 am
So I had the lights replaced with regular lights today. Strokers did it as warranty work with my 300 mile oil change and service.

Its been a blast to ride and I haven't had any trouble since the side stand switch and such was done.

She is a blast to ride. But I forgot sunscreen riding today so I have a slight burn on my arms. But it was worth it.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #16 on: May 20, 2013, 10:54:53 pm
Those little bulbs seem to have a short life.  I've needed to replace both of them over the past couple of years.

Next time your close to a Auto Supply store, go in and buy a good brand of #53 bulbs.
Replacing them is easy.  Just remove the phillips head screw and the metal retainer.
Then, pull the rubber sleeve out of the casquette and pry the lens out of it.
A 1/4 turn counterclockwise on the old bulb and it will come out.

When installing the new bulb make sure the two pins on the side of its base align with the grooves in the socket, push it in, turn it 1/4 turn clockwise, push the lens into the rubber and reinstall the metal retainer and it's fixed. :)

edit: (I hope you don't take offense when I seem to do an overkill on my descriptions of how to do something.   I figure someday someone who is new to the world of mechanical things might read my comments so I gear them towards those people. :) )
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 10:58:42 pm by Arizoni »
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #17 on: May 25, 2013, 02:19:35 am
I ordered some 2 watt CREE BA9S from a chinese eBay peddler.....

They had a higher power type, but, it looked a little too long for the tiger-eyes.

I'll let you know how they fit.

they fit perfectly, and, are bright !
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5