Author Topic: Selling my C5  (Read 3804 times)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 05:27:43 pm
Sad, but it seems Enfields aren't holding their value too well.  I wonder if this is still based on the fact that the pre-UCE bikes go for such low prices?  Maybe in a few years used prices will be higher.  In the meantime, enjoy riding it.

Scott

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 06:10:14 pm
So bare, are you getting another RE?
Waiting for the Cafe Racer/Continental GT?

I bought a MotoGuzzi V7 Racer. I need something to ride! I was going nuts and getting out of shape just sitting and waiting. The first 100 mile ride about killed me, but I'm OK now, did a 288 last week. We'll do another tomorrow. The Three Bulleteers are still at it, but we've run out of Bullets!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #17 on: June 13, 2013, 08:42:49 pm
After running my ad for roughly a month, I've decided to hold on to my C5.  I got a few inquiries and a test rider, but my feeling is that most are looking to get the bike dirt cheap and I'm not ready to give it away.  I went ahead and mounted the rear seat and I actually like the looks better.
Just because some clown can't keep his wheels off the sidewalk, doesn't mean you have to sell.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

BrashRooster

• Bulleteer
  • Yeah I stepped in it.
Reply #18 on: June 29, 2013, 09:25:42 pm
Try convincing people it is a prototype Harley manufactured at the Harley Davidson factory in India.  :o   I still get "Who makes Royal Enfield?" quite often. You would thing people would assume it would be expensive due to the rarity of it in this country. You should have doubled your list price and then it would have sold.
Signature